collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

150 celebrations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:33:07 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 11:31:32 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:24:59 AM]

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 11:24:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Has MON had his eyes lasered?  (Read 7249 times)

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
Has MON had his eyes lasered?
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:51 AM »
Looking at all the photos and videos of the pre-season tour etc. MON isn't wearing his specs in any of them. Wonder if he's had them lasered? Had mine done nearly 4 years ago now, best thing I ever did. Could just be wearng contacts of course.

Just hoping that if he has had them lasered and now has 20/20 vision he will be able to see some of the shite that he has bought with more clarity and ship them out fast!

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »
We can only hope so. He may be able to see when subs or a plan b is needed then!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
mon
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »
Hopefully he can see were we need strengthening.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
He needs his eyes testing if he plays Cuellar at RB this season instead of Luke Young!

Offline Namaste

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
Quote from: "Villafirst"
He needs his eyes testing if he plays Cuellar at RB this season instead of Luke Young!

Is this the same defence which was one of the best in the PL last season? Yea thought so...

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:57:25 AM »
Quote from: "Namaste"

Is this the same defence which was one of the best in the PL last season? Yea thought so...

Bit smug. Perhaps the chap was sick of watching Carlos give the ball away last year. (I'm a fan of Carlos for what its worth - in the centre)

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
I think Arsene Wenger has his lasered.....every time an Arsenal player commits an attrocity.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
I've had my eyes lasered, it's great.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
I had laser eye surgery. I went in to have my appendix out and General Zod performed the operation.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 11:02:55 AM »
Quote from: "Namaste"

And also meant were inept going forward down one of our wings? yeah thought so...

Offline Arsey

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »

Although he hardly kicked a ball for us last season when L Young did play he was absolutely shit.  Chelsea (a) in particular was an absolute nightmare.  His heart, for whatever reason, wasn't in it.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
Quote from: "Arsey"
Although he hardly kicked a ball for us last season when L Young did play he was absolutely shit.

Not sure where you get that from.  He played at right back for the first part of last season and did fine, to the point where most people were at a loss as to why he was suddenly dropped and Cuellar played in his position.  

As for the Chelsea debacle the whole team was bad, and it could be said that MON hardly picked a good time to bring him back after months on the bench.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »
Going back to the original question, Martin's glasses are back on at day two of Portugal training !

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/FootballNewsDetail/0,,10265~2106329,00.html

Offline MattW

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar Arce"
Going back to the original question, Martin's glasses are back on at day two of Portugal training !

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/FootballNewsDetail/0,,10265~2106329,00.html

Decent PR those shots; left me feeling good about things.

Offline Arsey

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »
Quote from: "not3bad"
Quote from: "Arsey"
Although he hardly kicked a ball for us last season when L Young did play he was absolutely shit.

Not sure where you get that from.  He played at right back for the first part of last season and did fine, to the point where most people were at a loss as to why he was suddenly dropped and Cuellar played in his position.  

As for the Chelsea debacle the whole team was bad, and it could be said that MON hardly picked a good time to bring him back after months on the bench.

He missed the start of the season, the reason given was due to his brother's death and then injury.  He came in to the side in November and did at best okay but he was a shadow of the player we saw the previous season.  Arsenal (a) was another match in which he was really poor.  He went out of the team again early into the new year and when he came back he was terrible.

It is true the whole team played badly against Chelsea but the worst player on the pitch by a mile was Young.  Malouda absolutely raped him and created a lot of the Chelsea goals/chances.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal