collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stan Petrov to Liverpool?  (Read 16242 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Stan Petrov to Liverpool?
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
Quote from: "Merv"
Key thing here, I feel, is that long-term (or medium term) we need to be improving on Petrov but in terms of selling him this summer.... no.

Agree with that.  I have always said that we need a defensive midfield player, a right back and a central forward player.  With the Milner situation and the need to clear non-playing squad players taking centre stage this transfer window, I would not let Petrov go this summer but look to improving the other two positions.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
Quote from: "pedro25"
I doubt there are many players in the Prem who read the game better than Petrov, he makes countless crucial interceptions in games.  I love the bloke, he binds our team together, we would miss him if he went.

Occasionally, it's really nice to see that someone sees a player exactly the same as you. This is one of those times.

I think our younger players can learn so much from Stan and would hate to see him go. Fortunately the story's from The Broken Mirror and so am enclined to thinks its bobbins.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2010, 11:30:02 PM »
After reading Petrov moving to the pool. Mad me realise how valuable he is to the team. Think he brings a lot to the younger players and is respected by the rest ............

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »
I'd let him go myself. I was of the mind we should've been replacing him this year anyway. I'll be panicking along with everyone when it gets to 30th August and he hasn't been replaced yet though!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal