collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why did you renew?  (Read 8378 times)

Offline Lucky Eddie

Why did you renew?
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »
So if you did renew, might I ask why?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Why did you renew?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »
Went for 1, but even if that wasn't the case I would've done it for 2 or 3 anyway!

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
Why did you renew?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:50:06 PM »
I will always renew tell I can no longer attend games

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Why did you renew?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
I love the Villa, I enjoy watching live football, had it spare because I'd put the money aside last season.

Had to think about it this year though, 'cos I'm at Uni and I like having my weekends free and can't really afford the £15ish quid back on the train all the time. I went to 17 of 19 home league games last year (hadn't missed one since 2003 before then), I imagine that figure will be closer to 15 this season.

Offline Jim Bradley

Why did you renew?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Blind faith sums it up!

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Why did you renew?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »
Went for the It's about the day out as much as the football.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
Why did you renew?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
I went for blind faith but I take my son(s) now to teach them the same blind faith I have !

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
Why did you renew?
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
We are a miserable bunch of fans aren't we. Bloody brummies. 6th best team in the most exciting league in the world, home grown players, great owners, nice stadium. In a position that everyone else below 8th would gladly want to be in.

Undoubtedly we'll spend stacks of money again at some point before the window closes. Undoubtedly no team North of London or South of Manc will get anywhere near us and the ground will be 95% full for the league games. Not only is the city ours vast swathes of this country are as well. Wembley twice last season, world cup players in the squad,ticket prices are cheap in comparison to everywhere else so unless personal circumstances dictate why wouldn't everyone renew ?

Offline mjlions

• GM : 02.07.2024
Why did you renew?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »
Number 3 for me with a liitle bit of Number 6 although think they are well indoctrinated now

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Why did you renew?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 05:30:52 PM »
I like going down the Villa and I can afford to do it.

Offline TimTheVillain

Why did you renew?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
I just can't help myself.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Why did you renew?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
Quote from: "andrew08"
We are a miserable bunch of fans aren't we. Bloody brummies. 6th best team in the most exciting league in the world, home grown players, great owners, nice stadium. In a position that everyone else below 8th would gladly want to be in.

Undoubtedly we'll spend stacks of money again at some point before the window closes. Undoubtedly no team North of London or South of Manc will get anywhere near us and the ground will be 95% full for the league games. Not only is the city ours vast swathes of this country are as well. Wembley twice last season, world cup players in the squad,ticket prices are cheap in comparison to everywhere else so unless personal circumstances dictate why wouldn't everyone renew ?

Turn the question around.

Plenty won't. Why's that?

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Why did you renew?
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

Turn the question around.

Plenty won't. Why's that?

Because they are a miserable load of Brummies.

Offline Surrey Villain

Why did you renew?
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

Well said Andrew. I waver from time to time (like now) but only usually for a few hours so I renewed in March right at the beginning so I wouldn't have time to reconsider, also before the wife got to me with alternative ways to spend our money!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Why did you renew?
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 06:08:15 PM »
None of the above options. I renewed because I'm a Villa fan who wants to watch Villa matches.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal