collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 25 man squad and its effect on us  (Read 13348 times)

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
25 man squad and its effect on us
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 05:18:11 AM »
Quote from: "somebody"

Zero effect on us mate - we use the same 11 or 12 players for every game regardless.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:26 AM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
That's only a good idea if you dont intend using the U21s much and I'd hope we do because ours are quite god.

Imagine all those McGraths coming through at once :)

Offline junxs

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 05:37:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure that the Championship transfer deadline is at the end of September (for loans), so I'm guessing any players not in the Premier teams 25 will be loaned out for anything they can get.

I'm really surprised, I thought with this rule coming into place would have had the transfer market into frenzy. Its had the exact opposite effect.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 06:06:51 AM »
Quote from: "junxs"
I'm pretty sure that the Championship transfer deadline is at the end of September (for loans), so I'm guessing any players not in the Premier teams 25 will be loaned out for anything they can get.

I'm really surprised, I thought with this rule coming into place would have had the transfer market into frenzy. Its had the exact opposite effect.

Apart from Man City, no one has any money to spend; a bigish transfer, such as Milner to City for instance, would probably lead to several other deals.

Offline junxs

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 06:31:59 AM »
I don't buy that, its holding us back yes. But have Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc got to do with Man Citys spending?

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 06:52:29 AM »
We sell Milner, get say, Ireland and have money to spend on a replacement for Young. Liverpool buy Young, sell on their tat to someone else. We buy Keane, giving Spurs the money to buy someone twice as good for half the money, etc and so on.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 08:33:26 AM »
I don't buy that, its holding us back yes. But have Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc got to do with Man Citys spending?

I'd speculate they're holding back until Man City are finished - don't want them going after their targets.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:13 AM »
Quote from: "Matt C"

I'd speculate they're holding back until Man City are finished - don't want them going after their targets.

Good point.
Man City also have some decent players who will not fit into the 25 man rule, players who would do most clubs a decent job and if you get them on a loan and City continue to pay most of their wages its a super deal.

then of course they do have so much money. do they care about paying high wages for players to sit in the stand. I'd guess not but I'm sure the players mostly want to play.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »

That's a great pun!

Offline junxs

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »
Glad someone noticed :)

Offline junxs

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 10:24:20 PM »
Quote from: "Troy Eccles"
We sell Milner, get say, Ireland and have money to spend on a replacement for Young. Liverpool buy Young, sell on their tat to someone else. We buy Keane, giving Spurs the money to buy someone twice as good for half the money, etc and so on.

Nah, we have more than adequate cover for Young so don't think we are delaying the deal, not for that reason anyway. As for spurs and Keane, They have bought no one, doubt they are waiting for £6m from us before they start their spending spree!

If anything everone should be rushing to buy Man Citys players on the cheap, as a lot of them wont be getting a squad number.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 09:21:10 AM »
is anyone going to be able to buy on the cheap though, especially wage wise and wages seem to now be many clubs main consideration.
Judging by Luke Youngs rebutal of Liverpool and other transfers that have fallen through in lower leagues perhaps the new rule is empowering players more than normal.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
is anyone going to be able to buy on the cheap though, especially wage wise and wages seem to now be many clubs main consideration.
Judging by Luke Youngs rebutal of Liverpool and other transfers that have fallen through in lower leagues perhaps the new rule is empowering players more than normal.

I thought Luke Young turned down the move to Liverpool as he didn't want to move his family up there.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »
Wenger is moaning about it, typical.

Offline march

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »
will be a fantastic rule because it will stop the top clubs just hoarding players and will mean one in one out for most clubs.

so we see at Man city if they get Milner it would mean they should sell Ireland

also another factor is that a lot more players will go out on loan especially those over 21 and championship clubs could pick up some deals.

people forget how revolutionary this idea is which is basically two packaged up as one and will mean fundamental change.

Wenger is moaning as he can no longer pack his squad out with cheaper foreign signings hoping some work out

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal