collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Mount - 'Kingstanding Beer monsters on tour' flag  (Read 9401 times)

Offline big 1st serve

The Mount - 'Kingstanding Beer monsters on tour' flag
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »
Quote from: Fergal
There were a few good bozers around, I spend a few drunken knights sleeping it off in the woods while on my way home from tIhe Oscott Tavern, That place is now some sort of posh gaf, I think[/

It became Saints & Sinners , wine bar , then more recently The Place 2 Be, which was owned By Ashley Blake , From The BBC, until a well publicised "incident" @ 18 months ago.
The Garden centre next door have now acquired it , so the once New Oscott Tavern , is now  a posh tea -room.
Should do a roaring trade when the Pope visits  New Oscott college in September !quote]

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 06:07:43 AM »
There were a few good bozers around, I spend a few drunken knights sleeping it off in the woods while on my way home from tIhe Oscott Tavern, That place is now some sort of posh gaf, I think[/

It became Saints & Sinners , wine bar , then more recently The Place 2 Be, which was owned By Ashley Blake , From The BBC, until a well publicised "incident" @ 18 months ago.
The Garden centre next door have now acquired it , so the once New Oscott Tavern , is now  a posh tea -room.
Should do a roaring trade when the Pope visits  New Oscott college in September !quote]

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 06:08:06 AM »

Offline sfx412

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
Wasn't the Oscott tavern owned and run by Jimmy Dugdale at one time or another. I seem to remember meeting up with someone there and chatting to him behind the bar area while I waited for our food.

Offline KingstandingVilla

Re: The Mount - 'Kingstanding Beer monsters on tour' flag
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 11:56:56 AM »
The flag/ sheet was sprayed up by me in my house on finchley Road the league cup season. My pal Mike Robinson and I did is as we hadn't seen a KS flag at Villa for a bit.

We took it Arsenal Spurs and Tranmere away, Wembley 94, San Siro, Trabzonspor home, and a few more league games it got lost at Old Trafford 96 cup semi

I used the Mount most nights then, anyone using there will know who I am from my description.. 6ft 3in skinhead, goatee, worked in the fishing shop and then became well known on the Villa casual scene lots of people know me by a nickname of an animal

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »
The flag/ sheet was sprayed up by me in my house on finchley Road the league cup season. My pal Mike Robinson and I did is as we hadn't seen a KS flag at Villa for a bit.

We took it Arsenal Spurs and Tranmere away, Wembley 94, San Siro, Trabzonspor home, and a few more league games it got lost at Old Trafford 96 cup semi

I used the Mount most nights then, anyone using there will know who I am from my description.. 6ft 3in skinhead, goatee, worked in the fishing shop and then became well known on the Villa casual scene lots of people know me by a nickname of an animal
Were you the guy in the yellow cords and pink shirt?

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
Most definitely not haha.. In the acid house days I "may" have wore some psychedelic shit but nothing that far out mate

Offline Allan C

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »
Had my first ever pint in the Mount back in 1978. It was a completely different pub back then

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »

Is that you Spiny lumpsucker?

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »
Rumbled..

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »
Most definitely not haha.. In the acid house days I "may" have wore some psychedelic shit but nothing that far out mate
UTV mate.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 12:27:46 AM »
The Charlie is now is a bunch of maisonettes.
I can just imagine you now sfx412..pissed up and staggering through the gulley, on your way down Parkeston Cresent.

Blimey, that brings back memories. My mum was brought up on Parkeston Crescent. I was brought up on Newstead Road, at the back of the Charlie.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 01:59:27 AM »

Haha hows tricks .  Mr Delph

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »
Only just seen this thread as it was started just before I joined H&V.  Kingstanding.  My mother was brought up on Bendall Road.  I had an uncle that lived in Longford Grove? at the back of the Charlie.  As a teenager, I frequented all of those pubs as they were noted for easy access for underage drinking.  A mate of mine RIP, went on to run the Beggars Bush, I'm guessing sometime in the nineties.

Some of you former Kingstanding dwellers may of heard of a teenage lad having his hand blown off rescuing a bunch of kids from a detonator they had nicked from the old sand pits which they were trying to burn in a cardboard box.  He saw what they were at and tried to throw it down an open-faced drain but he was too late.  He was fifteen and my uncle, my mothers brother.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »

Haha hows tricks .  Mr Delph

Very good.. Send me  a PM  as to who you are

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal