collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v QPR FAC R3 1968-69  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Villa v QPR FAC R3 1968-69
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
Another reason we went down to the 3rd under Vic Crowe was Andy Lochhead. I think he failed to score a single goal ,in fact i know he did nt,

11 games plus one sub appearance in 69/70 and no goals. It was the fifth game of the next season against Doncaster when he finally scored. I can still remember it, he missed a couple of good chances in that game and finally finally he hit the net...it was at the Witton End, and then he scored another within about 10 minutes.
The other one I remember is the goal he so nearly got in the 1970 league cup final against Spurs, Jennings about 10 yards out his area and Lochhead just getting there first to poke the ball past...it was nearly over the line until that bastard Perryman got back to just scoop it away.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
I can still see that shot of Andy Lochhead rolling towards the net we were behind and that bastard Perryman coming from nowhere to clear it away. Always felt Lochhead felt he was going to be blown up for a foul  on Jennings and just never bothered hitting the ball hard enough.Will never forget that other bastard Mullery coming up to us on their lap around the ground with the cup and saying " This is ours "

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »
I think I once read a quote from Andy Lochhead saying that he thought a foul had been committed so just rolled the ball towards the goal rather than hitting it properly. For a long time in my life that was the single moment in football I would most like to have changed. And Steve Perryman was the person I would most like to have battered.

I was at that Doncaster game too, but i had no idea that they were Lochhead's first goals. I remember Pat McMahon going for a very brave header at the Holte and taking a blow to the face. He was pissing blood and the treatment took several minutes - I think he may have scored in the process but cannot remember for certain.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
We beat Doncaster 3-2. Lochhead 2 goals and indeed McMahon the other, although I cant remember the incident you mentioned.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal