collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Ticket / Have you renewed ?  (Read 12391 times)

Offline Dazvillain

Season Ticket / Have you renewed ?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »
Yep, 3 of us have...moved from Lower North to Cenrtal Lower Holte. Cant wait for Valencia to test them out

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »
No but for non-footballing reasons. However I'm not too bothered because of footballing reasons.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 02:13:19 PM »
nope... moved to devon so cant afford it or justify the 400 mile round trip...

although tbh, even if i hadnt moved away, i am not sure i would haver renewed... football is a farcical joke these days and whoever has the most money makes the game predictable and boring... they also get the best referees, the best decisions from the rule makers, and are all pandered to, as they make wankers with no interest in fair play and competition, far too much money....

if i wanted to watch boring predictable bollocks, then i would go and watch formula one or wresting....

football is so far detatched from what i fell in love with, so for me, i am sadly walking away from such passionate support of football, and merely watching from afar...

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »
Yep, paid with that installment scheme which helped with the finances.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
Yes, but I have realised that I've renewed out of habit more than anything else. I have a bad feeling about the forthcoming season and I'm not completely sure I want to be there to witness it.

Offline tonyh

• Location: Used to be row 24 seat 64, still is changed my mind
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »
It was a tough call, I did not renew for various reasons and one of them was the dull predictable football. However Mrs H, forced me to do it and so I have renewed christ knows why.

Even the social side was crap last year.

I think ';ll be going to the Black Eagle match days and be a johnny no mates Although The Lord Clifden is a good second choice.

Ah well I'm going to be a miserablist 50 year old this season

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 03:23:19 PM »
I think the Man Citeh effect is truly hitting Villa fans due to Milnergate.

Still, 81% ( at the moment) is a good return !

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »
Quote from: "TimTheVillain"
I think the Man Citeh effect is truly hitting Villa fans due to Milnergate.

Still, 81% ( at the moment) is a good return !

yeah agreed plus the all the hype of these so called premiership stars that faded so badly in the World cup hasnt helped. I dont know the answer but somethings got to be done to sort out the mess

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
I renewed last month or so. Might consider relocating.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »
No. Last season at home was generally poor and very frustrating for teh second year on the trot. This coupled with our usual slow start in the transfer window have made the thought of a season ticket unappealing.
But the main reason to be honest is the lack of Saturday 3pm games. I ve never liked Sunday games and we will have a lot this season. I may well consider a half season ticket if and when the reserves are out of Europe.

And I apologise for my negativity at such an early stage but I really am a bit "meh" at the moment with the one true love of my life!!

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »
Quote from: "Karlos96"
I renewed mine back in May.  I'm really not that bothered about the start of the season i'm losing more and more interest as each season passes it's just not the game I used to love anymore.

My feelings exactly, Karlos. Likewise I renewed in May - more out of habit than anything else.  I've posted elsewhere about how I'm getting disillusioned with the game especially at PL level. For the first time in nearly 30 years instead of getting excited about the start of the season, I just feel......meh

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »
Quote from: "CJ"
I renewed mine back in May.  I'm really not that bothered about the start of the season i'm losing more and more interest as each season passes it's just not the game I used to love anymore.

My feelings exactly, Karlos. Likewise I renewed in May - more out of habit than anything else.  I've posted elsewhere about how I'm getting disillusioned with the game especially at PL level. For the first time in nearly 30 years instead of getting excited about the start of the season, I just feel......meh

I'm glad it's not just me.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »
I wouldn't even bother with a free ST......

Offline achilles

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »
No, due to financial reasons but I am not certain I would have renewed anyway.

Totally disillusioned with top flight football at the moment, not helped by Man Shitty and the prima-donnas of the England side. Will probably watch more non-league football this season, its easier to watch as I don't care so much!

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 07:03:56 PM »
Quote from: "CJ"

I'm the same. I also renewed in May but really a big part of it is the social aspect - there are certain friends I'd hardly ever see if it wasn't for football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal