collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa to sell Luke Young on the cheap  (Read 38942 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Villa to sell Luke Young on the cheap
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »
I can't disagree with those stats and I agree Young would've given us more going forward but there's got to be something behind the decision to not play him and all I'm saying is it's not like Cuellar was so terrible  a RB that he can be held personally responsible for us not making 4th as some people seem to believe.

Therefore if something was happening behind the scenesthat led to him not being picked I can understand the decision.

I do agree though, on form he should be englands first choice and is easily good enough to play for a side challenging the top 4.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
Quote from: "spangley1812"
Another thing is that as we can see from the Milner
situation MON will go public if he thinks he is in the right, so if Luke is this big problem ie wont travel to Ireland, poor in training, poor attitude or whatever MON's problem is with Luke why hasnt he come out and told the world..............

There's nothing to gain by coming out and telling the world what the problem is.  With Milner it was to try to spark something into happening.  Man city made a bid in mid may and then nothing but paper talk has happened in over 2 months since.  It was in Villa's benefit to try to bring things to a head.

Offline eastie

« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:33 PM »
I too have been impressed with lichaj every time I've seen him and think he could develop into a very good right back , but Im not sure he's quite ready yet.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »
I just think it was MON putting Cuellar in away to Blackburn (which I found understandable) and then deciding not to thinker with the defencer thereafter.

I do find Cuellar at RB at home to lower half defensive teams quite a negative tactic tbh, indeed he had a really poor game at home to Wolves when Jarvis frequently got the better of him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal