collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Having Barry back?  (Read 16851 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Having Barry back?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »
he burnt his bridges on the way out. A big no from the Toronto jury.

Offline timeoutbigbar

Having Barry back?
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
No, too old, too slow, and haven't forgiven him for how he conducted himself over the liverpool saga

Offline holteman83

Having Barry back?
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:11 PM »
Barry is too slow and his best days are now going to be behind him... would get maybe 2 more average seasons out of him before he really slumped Petrov style.. plus he is slow as fuck....

Anyhow..... he wants champions league football.... so he can fuck off to some shitty just about qualified european club.. because thats the only way he will ever get it...(on the bases he wont be playing first team footy for man shitty come next season when they make top 4)

Offline holteman83

Having Barry back?
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
Oh and he did burn his bridges....

There are two ways to leave a club... the Southgate way - admit you want out then play your heart out all season as our star player and leave amicably in my opinion..

or the Ehiogu/Yorke way..... be a spoilt little twat

Offline willywombat

Having Barry back?
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 03:52:06 AM »
Judging by most of the comments here, it does make you wonder why so many people got so upset when he buggered off. For my part, I dont want him back and wasnt sorry to see him go in the first place. He was too slow and predictable then, he's too slow and predictable now

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Having Barry back?
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 04:36:32 AM »
He is in a predicament, will undoubtedly be suplus to requirements at City yet no other top side will be interested. Finish up at Fulham, wishing he hadn't allowed his ambition to outgrow his talent.

Offline vilan461

Having Barry back?
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 07:44:48 AM »
No no way no going back!
-------he was lured by the all consuming money god--let him sit on Sheikh Citeh,s bench counting his lolly luvly lolly,

Offline peter w

Having Barry back?
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 07:48:21 AM »
He's a better bet than Petrov and his pace is no slower than when he was last here just over a season ago.

he would be a better player than we have in there and would give us better balance with his left foot. Without doubt he is still one of the best English midfielders in the game.

I wouldn't expect him to be used in the sitting role though as he has always been an attacking midfielder for us, and a better player for it I'd wager.

A midfield 4 of him, Ireland, Young, Downing is certainly tempting as he would be the holding player, and I'm sure hed do well.

But fuck him. 3 (maybe 2) transfer requests and the last time he wanted out he didn't have the decency to put in a transfer request but instead slagged off our manager and owner. I've publicised that I'm not a MON fan but these things should be done in-house and not for the chundering classes to eat their fags over on a Sunday morning.

He made the club look stupid and as if we were liars and bullies. For that he should not have been forgiven so easily when his 'dream' move fell through. Let him rot or go and play elsewhere. He shouldn't be made welcome here.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Having Barry back?
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 08:56:59 AM »
Yes.

He's better than Petrov, which is the position I would play him in.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Having Barry back?
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 08:59:33 AM »
Quote from: "holteman83"
Oh and he did burn his bridges....

There are two ways to leave a club... the Southgate way - admit you want out then play your heart out all season as our star player and leave amicably in my opinion..

or the Ehiogu/Yorke way..... be a spoilt little twat

Star player? I'd argue he's Villas most overated player of recent years. I also think stating he was leaving to play Champions League football was a bit naive on his behalf. If he was really that good, why was it only Middlesbrough who signed him? He believed the media hype around him that he was better than he actually was.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Having Barry back?
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »
Southgate was class, can hardly remember him putting a foot wrong for us.

He was expecting a bigger move and it didn't work out.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Having Barry back?
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
No No and No!

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Having Barry back?
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 09:23:55 AM »
Quote from: "ROBBO"
He is in a predicament, will undoubtedly be suplus to requirements at City yet no other top side will be interested. Finish up at Fulham, wishing he hadn't allowed his ambition to outgrow his talent.

Succinct and made me smile, if only because it is so true...

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Having Barry back?
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 09:24:14 AM »
i would love to see Barry back,
 class act on the pitch for Villa over many years, and his lack of pace actually becomes an advantage as he gets older as he cant lose it what you never had,

so he is a bit like Sherigham, he was never fast so as he got older it didnt have a major negative affect on his game, compared to someone like Owen.

anyway for the right money he would be a great signing,
 we never replaced him, and i still feel we miss him more than we will miss Milner, as Jimmy is in my view easier to replace, i would add that my rating on Milner is lower than most other H+Vers mind,
and my rating of Barry is much higher.

to see Barry back at VP in the Villa shirt would be great, thats where he belongs,
 and i still think there is a couple of real top class seasons left in him,

come on home Gareth, you'l get a big welcome from me

Offline pmk1981

Having Barry back?
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 09:30:21 AM »
barry in for petrov, now thats appealing.... even though i hate the fat fuck he is millions of miles better than mr slow play

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal