collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Randy way or Citeh's Trillions ?  (Read 45523 times)

Offline Greg N'Ash

The Randy way or Citeh's Trillions ?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »
I'm not even sure what Randy's way is. Has he got a plan?

Offline Reformation

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
Quote from: "Reformation"
Sadly I dont think we will ever get higher under Randy's tenure due to various constraining factors. One being unfashionable Birmingham, two being that its not longer a level playing field and another being as smart/clever manager you are, money now overpowers this.

That's a bit of a cop-out. Manchester is hardly Barcelona.

No its not but Manchester seems to have ambition that Birmingham badly lacks. As a city we seem to do everything else on a smaller less exciting scale. It historically has alot to sell, but name them, theres alot of orginality but instead we focus on putting hollywood stars on Broad street and trying to have yellow cabs. Name something we've been sucessful in bidding for. But much of this is beyond the scope of the topic.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »
Manchester is hardly Barcelona.

Unless you're from Manchester, and are therefore under the illusion that it's better than Barcelona, New York, Paris, London and Rome put together.

I'd rather do it our way.  If I want to play Football Manager and use cheat codes so I get unlimited funds, I'll do it on here.

Offline Reformation

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
Quote from: "Ads"
Something I’ve always found strange is that if you’re an oil rich Arab, with limitless funds and you’re seeking to buy an English football club from Manchester to give you some reflective glory, why on Earth do you buy Man City and not Man United?

Man Utd have won all the silverwear. Man City have won the dirty pots and pans. Perhaps they want to win more than the aparent "greatest ever football club".

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »
Quote from: "supertom"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI

"the only language they understand is money"    

not a truer word spoken for those Manshitty classless knob-jockeys.

UTV

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 03:21:56 PM »
Lowry put Manchester where it is, bo doubt about it.

Seriously, ManUre really helped to get Manchester where it is - and it is a good indication of what can happen to an area such as Cheshire with all the footballer wealth coming in.

Hanley-in-Arden could be the new Wilmsow, Dorridge the new Alderley Edge, but not without success like wot MaUre have on their CV.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 03:22:25 PM »
Quote from: "Ads"
Something I’ve always found strange is that if you’re an oil rich Arab, with limitless funds and you’re seeking to buy an English football club from Manchester to give you some reflective glory, why on Earth do you buy Man City and not Man United?

Man Utd have won all the silverwear. Man City have won the dirty pots and pans. Perhaps they want to win more than the aparent "greatest ever football club".

They don’t have enough money to do that and something tells me that they’re not going to wait around twenty to twenty five years to find out if they could.

If it were me, I’d have spunked 900 million on buying United, given Fergie sixty million to spend and watched the titles and European cups tumble in, as they have been, while coining in some of the profit they make.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
Sadly I dont think we will ever get higher under Randy's tenure due to various constraining factors. One being unfashionable Birmingham, two being that its not longer a level playing field and another being as smart/clever manager you are, money now overpowers this.

No its not but Manchester seems to have ambition that Birmingham badly lacks. As a city we seem to do everything else on a smaller less exciting scale. It historically has alot to sell, but name them, theres alot of orginality but instead we focus on putting hollywood stars on Broad street and trying to have yellow cabs. Name something we've been sucessful in bidding for. But much of this is beyond the scope of the topic.

It is hardly surprising it may seem that way when its own residents are so happy to talk it down.

Better shopping than Manchester, better restaurants than Manchester, and - at worst - you're in London in a little over an hour, or less if you live between here and London.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »

Yes if only Birmingham had the ambition to build the NIA, ICC and Symphony Hall. If only we could build a state of the art shopping ventre in the heart of the city centre and top it off with an iconic building like Selfridges.

Birmingham is as ambitious as any city in the country the difference is we get on and do it for ourselves rather than just talking about how good we are.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"

Yes if only Birmingham had the ambition to build the NIA, ICC and Symphony Hall. If only we could build a state of the art shopping ventre in the heart of the city centre and top it off with an iconic building like Selfridges.

Birmingham is as ambitious as any city in the country the difference is we get on and do it for ourselves rather than just talking about how good we are.

*throws flowers*

bravo.

Offline Reformation

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »

It is hardly surprising it may seem that way when its own residents are so happy to talk it down.

Better shopping than Manchester, better restaurants than Manchester, and - at worst - you're in London in a little over an hour, or less if you live between here and London.

The three things you mentioned are all clutching at straws especially as one of them involves leaving the city. You cant shop and go to a resturatnt every weekend, it becomes boring and monotomus.

It should be about things to remain her or attract an outsider here. As I said, it has potential, yet is so outward facing it forgets what it has (Eg. leaving Cadburys off one of the city promotional videos).

Its not the best of cities, but granted, its certainly not the worst.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:21 PM »
Slow, steady, sensible investment for me.

The likes of Chelsea and now Man City turn my stomach.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
Depends on whether you ever want Villa to win much of note or you'd prefer to follow a club that still has class and principles.

As much as I have been predicting for years that football at the highest levels will destroy itself through greed it seems that there is still an endless stream of multi-billionaires out there, we either get one of our own or we play second fiddle to those who have already got one or will be the next in line.

Between a rock and a hard place really.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
Quote from: "gregnash"
I'm not even sure what Randy's way is. Has he got a plan?

I thought it was to invest in promising young players and turn them into great Villa players. It wasn't what I expected when our new billionaire owner turned up but I accepted it was a good way to do things.

If you then bend over and take it from Man City as soon as the first of those young players establishes himself as an international, you have to look at the plan again.

I know people are concerned we might lose Milner on a Bosman eventually but he hasn't even reached half-way through his first ever Villa contract.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
There must be a balance somewhere.

That balance can be created in the form of making it compulsary to play a maximum of only 4 foreign born players in each first team game for instance.

This model will a) help England's national team and b) help to maintain a more equal playing field in the EPL ...one where the EPL is not too predicable as it is these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal