collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much is the club worth?  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
How much is the club worth?
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:58 AM »
In 2006 Randy paid crica £60m for Villa, yet when we see stories of other Premier league clubs being sold, they all seem to be for £100m+, so you'd have to say he got a bargain and our present value is far in excess of what he paid.  

So, if he was to sell up today, how much to you think he'd get?  Taking into account the relative lack of debt, the value of the playing squad (Milner, Ash & Gabby are easily worth £60m between them alone), the stadium and the larger TV deals than we had in 2006, I'd say he'd make a VERY tidy profit.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: How much is the club worth worth?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »
Quote from: "John M"
In 2006 Randy paid crica £60m for Villa, yet when we see stories of other Premier league clubs being sold, they all seem to be for £100m+, so you'd have to say he got a bargain and our present value is far in excess of what he paid.  

So, if he was to sell up today, how much to you think he'd get? Taking into account the relative lack of debt, the value of the playing squad (Milner, Ash & Gabby are easily worth £60m between them alone), the stadium and the larger TV deals than we had in 2006, I'd say he'd make a VERY tidy profit.

The club is considerably in debt, though. I know it is relative, as you say, but relative to most measures, we're heavily in debt.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:57:10 AM »

So, if he was to sell up today, how much to you think he'd get?  Taking into account the relative lack of debt, the value of the playing squad (Milner, Ash & Gabby are easily worth £60m between them alone), the stadium and the larger TV deals than we had in 2006, I'd say he'd make a VERY tidy profit.

He's probably on the way to investing over £250m in the club, so that's what he'd need to sell it for just to get his money back.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"

He's probably on the way to investing over £250m in the club, so that's what he'd need to sell it for just to get his money back.

I would say £250m is about right for the club's worth now. +/- £30m.
It doesnt mean you'd get that if sold but you have to figure in that region.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »

Is that figure a calculation or a guess?  

We may have spent lots on players and facilities, but would also have a massive income from Sky and matchdays, so it's not as it every penny spent since 2006 has come directly from Randy.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
Twelvety Trazillions.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »

Is that figure a calculation or a guess?  

We may have spent lots on players and facilities, but would also have a massive income from Sky and matchdays, so it's not as it every penny spent since 2006 has come directly from Randy.

The last set of accounts showed that in terms of share capital and loans from the trust, Randy had injected over £200m into the club.  That was only up to May 2009 though, so as I say, I imagine the figure is well over £250m by now.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
Its a bit like how much my house is worth, thats only of some importance if I move and is only really important if I sold up completely converting all the equity into cash and lived on the streets.

So as im not moving clubs, and Im not going to support small heath which is the football supporting equivalent of living on the streets, then I couldnt really give a monkeys.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
Valueing a football club is such a hard thing to do.

The major assets are indeed the players, unless an asster stripper came aloing a purchaser wouldn't wish to sell the assets as the investment ( the club) would then be valueless.

In saying this, the club could probably realise over £100 million now as a concrete investment and a football brand ( yes, sadly that's what's happening in front of our very eyes, Villa is becoming a brand - the checks say it all).

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »
We are worth how ever much someone decides to pay for us

:)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
how much is villa worth
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »
I think we are worth between 200 and 250 million our stock as definitely gone up since randy brought doug out.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »
Interesting stuff.

If Randy has invested c.£250m, that's one hell of a big chunk of his personal fortune. Explain to me again how it's all financed because I can't believe anyone would empty their account to do what he's done. If I had a billion dollars, I don't think I'd do it and I love the Villa.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 12:23:11 PM »
Quote from: "Troy Eccles"
Interesting stuff.

If Randy has invested c.£250m, that's one hell of a big chunk of his personal fortune. Explain to me again how it's all financed because I can't believe anyone would empty their account to do what he's done. If I had a billion dollars, I don't think I'd do it and I love the Villa.

He's secured loans from his trust fund which is worth a lot more than his personal wealth by all accounts.
Although he is worth something like £800m (personal wealth) he owns assets like the Browns which are worth £1bn and then his family trust fund which he has access to is reportedly worth several billion.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
Ah, many thanks, Maz.
I knew it had something to do with a trust fund. Had no idea of it's worth though. Fuck me, it'd be good to be rich.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
Priceless?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal