collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sullivan: Villa can't afford Parker.  (Read 12975 times)

Offline Lowendbehold

Sullivan: Villa can't afford Parker.
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »
Quote from: "LeeB"
Sullivan is trying to organise an auction through the media.

As Redknapp said, it was him who told the press Spurs had bid, he just wants to put Parker in a position where he has to request the transfer, and thus Wham! make more dough.

Anyone thick enough not to see this after having spent years watching how he constantly played those dipshits down the road renders themselves open to ridicule.

I think he is just positioning himself so that when Parker says he wants to go he has an alibi for the WH fans.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Sullivan: Villa can't afford Parker.
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
It get's better and better...

West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan is ready to break his public promise to Hammers fans and cash in on star man Scott Parker.
Sullivan insisted last week that the midfield ace was not for sale "at any price", but talkSPORT understands he has now changed his stance and is prepared to listen to big offers for the former Charlton, Chelsea and Newcastle star.
That news will alert Liverpool and Tottenham, who have both been linked with Parker in the past week and will need no encouragement to turn that interest into firm bids.
The Upton Park club will be looking for a fee of around £10million for the 29-year-old, but money in the bank won't appease Hammers fans, who face the prospect of seeing another crowd favourite sold just days before the start of the new Premier League season.
Former West Ham assistant manager Steve Clarke admitted to talkSPORT: "I think he'll stay, and I know he appreciates the club and the fans.
"But you never know, if someone comes in with a crazy bid it may be a better option for West Ham to sell him."

link

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal