collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where do you think we will finish this season ?  (Read 18033 times)

Offline Villafirst

Where do you think we will finish this season ?
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
12th

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »
I can't imagine we'll finish outside the top six again. From the positions being quoted you'd think the likes of West Ham and the Noses had suddenly signed Messi and Kaka.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
6th. Again. But I think if we can get Ireland, Keane and possibly Bentley or Flamini I do think we'd have another good crack at 4th again and have a decent chance of finishing 4th or 5th.

Online Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
8th

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
With Milner gone and the probability of any signings being of past their peak looking for a few more big pay packets players, the mood on the Holte for the start of the season will be as bad or even worse than it was for the end of last season.   That will probably result in a poor start.   That will make MON adopt his bunker mentality resulting in a managerial crisis around Bonfire Night.   If MON stays we may well claw our way to a top half finish.   If he goes what happens to us depends on who replaces him and more importantly what financial support he gets.

I cannot put a number on it but my gut feeling is one of not looking forward to a season of anxiety and mid table mediocrity.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
I actually went for us to finish fourth last season, nah only joking, had you fooled for a minute though!

I am quietly confidently that with the right influx of players, and improvement from some of the ones we have than we can at least stay at the same level.  Something tells me that Martin has gone from dreaming of the Champions League to dreaming of setting a new record for the number of back to back six place finish's.  Four in a row, now that would be something!

Offline H00513R

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »
Quote from: "brian green"
With Milner gone and the probability of any signings being of past their peak looking for a few more big pay packets players, the mood on the Holte for the start of the season will be as bad or even worse than it was for the end of last season.   That will probably result in a poor start.   That will make MON adopt his bunker mentality resulting in a managerial crisis around Bonfire Night.   If MON stays we may well claw our way to a top half finish.   If he goes what happens to us depends on who replaces him and more importantly what financial support he gets.

I cannot put a number on it but my gut feeling is one of not looking forward to a season of anxiety and mid table mediocrity.

Looking at their schedule I was rather hoping for a perfect August/September!

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »
I put 6th and I think it will be some achievement if we do...cant get excited about the upcoming season for the life of me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 04:15:39 PM »
18th

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »
If we sell Milner somewhere between 5th and 8th. If he stays somewhere between 5th and 8th. We'll be in the Liverpool,spuds and everton block. Still think we're better than eveton whatever happens so 7th at worst.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 05:12:47 PM »
Quote from: "Ads"
18th

Happy clapper

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal