collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where do you think we will finish this season ?  (Read 18015 times)

Offline *shellac*

Where do you think we will finish this season ?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 07:58:58 AM »
Between 6th to 8th hence my guess would be 7th, behind (not in any order) - Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs or Everton.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 08:08:34 AM »
Where are we going to finish?

Wembley.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 08:35:57 AM »
I have a feeling that we may be looking for a new manager at the end of this season.

If the crowd turns against MON, I can see him either walking out part way through the season, but I  think he will jack it in after this season is over.

I can honestly seee us finishing around 10th place and that lot from across the city may even be challenging to finish above us

I hope that I am wrong!! but at the moment I cant seem to get any enthusiasm for the new season, and yes I have renewed as I have done every season since 1987.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »
Quote from: "sid1964"
I have a feeling that we may be looking for a new manager at the end of this season.

If the crowd turns against MON, I can see him either walking out part way through the season, but I  think he will jack it in after this season is over.

Agreed.

As for this season, with a bit of luck, probably 7th but with the top 6 some distance away. We'll be playing catch-up for the next few seasons, with or without MON.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 09:08:09 AM »
I would take 6th now to be honest.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Kelly"
Quote from: "sid1964"

Agreed.

As for this season, with a bit of luck, probably 7th but with the top 6 some distance away. We'll be playing catch-up for the next few seasons, with or without MON.

Agree with most of that

I can see Liverpool having a decent season under Woy, I would like to see us really go for the Europa with the final being in Dublin. can't see us getting easy cup runs like last season again.

I am trying to get excited about the start of the season but am just totally underwhelmed. Hope that will change with some signings and getting rid of the vast amount of deadwood we have.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »
We will be looking for a new manager this time next year.

This will be MONs 5th year, he stayed at Celtic and Leicester for 5 years, wonder if he'll stick to his trend?

I can see us finishing 8th. I said 9th originally, but think it'll be 8th.

Man Utd
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Man City
Spurs
Everton

Will all finish above us, not in that order.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 09:23:37 AM »
Fourth for me, fuck it.  Chelski champs, Manure second.  City will implode and have at least one manager sacking.  Arsenal will have a poor season, and Spurs will bow out of the chumps league which will shag their season too, leaving us to battle Liverpool for third.  We are the Villa, last season showed we are not scared of the big teams..... Come on lads!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
8th.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »
I expect we'll do beter than last season, just as we have for the last 4 seasons.

I also have a feeling we'll do very well in Europe this season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
Where are we going to finish?

Wembley.

Which is funnily enough where we'll start the season after as well.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 09:36:13 AM »
Quote from: "UsualSuspect"

I can see Liverpool having a decent season under Woy, I would like to see us really go for the Europa with the final being in Dublin. can't see us getting easy cup runs like last season again.

I still have doubts about Uncle Woy.

The league campaign was less than impressive last year, as spectacular as their Euro campaign was.

Despite a good initial first year at Blackburn he struggled there and played a big part in their relegation in the late 90's, even with money to spend.

He then toured around a few obscure Scandinavian leagues for the best part of a decade before Al Fayed took a punt on him. GT MkII I thought, when he pitched up at Fulham. Particularly when he gave a pre match interview and enthused that "It's always great to play the Arsenal."  Happy just to be there, I reasoned.

Still, I was wrong then. So who knows.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
While I’m aware that this is just a bit of pre-season fun and often the predictions are inaccurate, except for mine which are very accurate, I have one question, which is really two questions. What has changed so much about the Premier League thus far, with only Man City dipping their toe, that has seen sides catapult ahead of us or conversely seen us zoom into 4th or 5th?

Surely the only logical way to approach this would be to switch Man City around with Spurs based on Man City’s spending to date? I’m not quite sure how at this embryonic stage of the season, Man City’s spending or Joe Cole has seen us drop as low as 9th, 8th or 7th. I know Merseyside clubs get along, but its quite remarkable the impact Joe Cole has apparently had on the Everton squad as well. Unless we all subscribe to the Coopers Injury school of strikers?

Similarly, I’m just as bemused about how, by doing absolutely nothing, we’ve managed to eclipse two sides who finished above uss last season.

All in all I guess this tells me that you lot are crazy, crazy like a horse.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
were we'll finish
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »
We will probably finish between 6th to 8th position depending on who we buy in the transfer market.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 09:53:07 AM »
6th. As you were.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal