collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young new deal?  (Read 6106 times)

Offline H00513R

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »
Saw this and give big props to him. I hope you are paying attention Milner!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »
Quote from: "peter w"
I'm surprised not more has been made of this. A couple of years ago he was being presented as an arrogant, fancy-dan, know-it-all. Someone said that when they saw him they quipped that Wayne Routledge would be after his shirt. Ash's reply of "he can have it" was bee=ing seen as prrof that the ungrateful sod was just waiting for the call from Whoever FC and would want out as soon as.

Watching the interview last night as near as damn it said, "I want to stay here and have no intention of trying to move on". Now I know things change but in these times of looking for negativity around the place how refreshing to hear our best player seemingly commit to the club.

The optimist in me is heartened by his attitude, as well as thinking that maybe MON has said that he'll build a team around him. Why not? If he recaptured his best form then we will be looking at the higher places league wise.

I was very impressed he seemed very mature. I also hope we take this opportunity to sit him down at the table and offer him a deal. He spoke very well and was very humble.

Offline TheBarneyArmy

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
It's imperative that we keep hold of young and milner, otherwise I'll have to revise my prediction of 9th this season, especially if it means we end up relying on downing.

Offline villaross

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 02:42:44 AM »
Ashley Young will play wherever he is needed to help Aston Villa achieve success in the Premier League next season.

The flying winger endured a below-par campaign last time out, was not selected by Fabio Capello for the World Cup and had been linked with moves to either Tottenham or Liverpool this summer.

He is currently with the rest of the Villa squad preparing for the coming season and scored a fantastic goal, together with setting another up for John Carew, as his side beat Peterborough earlier this week in a friendly game.

In that game Young occupied a central attacking position just off Carew as opposed to his usual spot on the wing.

He said he found it “enjoyable” to play up with the big Norwegian striker and he would be happy playing there in the Premier League.

“I am a versatile player. When I first signed for the club, I played up front. I have also played off the front man, I’ve played right, I’ve played left and I’ve even played in central midfield too,” said Young.

“There are a lot of positions I have played in. Wherever the manager wants me to play I am happy to play there. As long as I am in the starting XI, that’s all that counts.”

Source: Football betting blog:Young committed to Vila cause

More encouraging words - I don't think he will be going anywhere this summer!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal