collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young new deal?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Ashley Young new deal?
« on: July 20, 2010, 07:19:10 AM »
Just seen Ash on Sky sports talking after last night and he said he wants to commit his long term future to Aston Villa as they were the club who gave him his break.

Some good news anyway as he looked impressive last night

Offline Chris Harte

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:18:45 AM »
Cynical old me can see a scenario where the wages offered by this new contract aren't enough for the player. We can all imagine what happens next.

Offline Mazrim

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:29:45 AM »
Its was the reporter who asked a question about a new contract because of some spurious and out of date link to Spurs. I dont think there is an issue with it otherwise. Not yet anyway.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:58 AM »
Good news. He's a lot more important to keep around than milner, assuming we can get him back to his best.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »
Man City will be on the phone to him via some discrete channel telling him that whatever Villa offer they'll beat it buy ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!!

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »
Young has 2 years left on his current deal.

Get him on a 5 year deal.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
ashley young
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 10:12:55 AM »
I agree with paul the villan let's tie him down to a long term contract.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
Should be done during next season.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »
I liked what Ashley had to say.It was nice to hear him say that he was grateful to be given his opportunity at Villa and was happy just as long as he was playing.Gave me a warm glow.Probably naive

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
Quote from: "John M"
Should be done during next season.

Should be done now, whilst he is minded to do it and before his head is turned.

Offline peter w

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »
I'm surprised not more has been made of this. A couple of years ago he was being presented as an arrogant, fancy-dan, know-it-all. Someone said that when they saw him they quipped that Wayne Routledge would be after his shirt. Ash's reply of "he can have it" was bee=ing seen as prrof that the ungrateful sod was just waiting for the call from Whoever FC and would want out as soon as.

Watching the interview last night as near as damn it said, "I want to stay here and have no intention of trying to move on". Now I know things change but in these times of looking for negativity around the place how refreshing to hear our best player seemingly commit to the club.

The optimist in me is heartened by his attitude, as well as thinking that maybe MON has said that he'll build a team around him. Why not? If he recaptured his best form then we will be looking at the higher places league wise.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »
Quote from: "peter w"
I'm surprised not more has been made of this. A couple of years ago he was being presented as an arrogant, fancy-dan, know-it-all. Someone said that when they saw him they quipped that Wayne Routledge would be after his shirt. Ash's reply of "he can have it" was bee=ing seen as prrof that the ungrateful sod was just waiting for the call from Whoever FC and would want out as soon as.

Watching the interview last night as near as damn it said, "I want to stay here and have no intention of trying to move on". Now I know things change but in these times of looking for negativity around the place how refreshing to hear our best player seemingly commit to the club.

The optimist in me is heartened by his attitude, as well as thinking that maybe MON has said that he'll build a team around him. Why not? If he recaptured his best form then we will be looking at the higher places league wise.

To be honest peter I think he has matured a lot the last few years. I think he's settled down and got married though I could be wrong.

It's odd that he was presented in that kind of way and this was juxtaposed with dedicated hard working Milner. Now we are in this situation where one has allegedly had his head turned by a bajillion pounds per week salary from Man City and Ash is the one keen to stay and develop with us. I say open talks and negotiate on a new contract over the next wee while.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
I think your right Peter, He will build a team around him!

I'm reading Big Rons autobiography at the moment and he talks about Clough's team and his ways and it was near as damn it our team.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »
Quote from: "Phil from the upper holte"
I think your right Peter, He will build a team around him!

I'm reading Big Rons autobiography at the moment and he talks about Clough's team and his ways and it was near as damn it our team.

Would love to see Milner involved in that as well,as we have two of the best young English talents in the league to build a team around,would be great if we had a marquee signing to add to them....

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Ashley Young new deal?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 06:30:17 PM »
Ashley Young is really one of our true superstars. If he can re-discover his form of two years ago then he could be massive this year. I think he knows himself that last year was a missed opportunity, though I'm betting privately he's looking at it now as a dodged bullet with what transpired in South Africa. Along with Downing and Gabby they all know they have it all in front of them both at club level and international level. Staying at a big club like Villa gives them the platform to impress nationally, in Europe and internationally.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal