collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Player predictions for the new season  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Player predictions for the new season
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »
Quote from: "PaulWinch"
I'll give Downing a chance, as far as I'm concerned it's a fresh start for him.

Bar Heskey, they should all be given a chance.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
Best - Delfouneso. It's a really big season for him, at 19/20 he needs to start featuring more for the first team. I think he'll make a big impact if he does get the chance, he seems to have both the talent and the attitude. We might not need Keane after all.

Average - Petrov. More of the same from Stan I imagine. Which means he'll continue to divide opinion amongst Villa fans.

Scapegoat - Heskey. If Delfouneso breaks through and we sign Keane we might not see too much of Emile next season. However if either one of these possibilities don't occur then he'll continue to recieve his 20 minute cameos which will no doubt be met by moans and howls of frustration from the Holte.

Most Improved - Downing. I'm confident he's going to have a really good season. I seem to remember Milner got a lot of stick on here for his performences the season before last.

Offline supertom

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 01:24:52 PM »
Best- Young- Hope he's given more license to drift, and I hope we start to expand our play a bit, and keep the ball on deck more. It's a key season for Ash. Will he be a great, or will he be an also ran. I'm guessing the former.

Average- Petrov. Hate saying it, but I think the legs are going. He's still skipper so I think O Neill will keep him in. But we lose grip of so many games after 60 minutes when Stan tires. It's also gonna get worse with every passing year. Still a classy player, but we should at this stage, be using him sparingly.

Scapegoat- Downing. I think he'll need to absolutely hit the ground running next season and not shirk any challenges. He needs more bottle. He's got himself on the wrong side of the fans. Somewhat harshly it must be said, given he had no pre season and was brought back far sooner than expected. I hope he turns it round, but a few bad games, and he'll get mullered on here.

Most improved- Fonzie. Key year. I want to see more of him, and I think he'll flourish.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
Agree that we may see the best return for Ashley Young

Have high hopes if Milner goes to see a lot more of Albrighton as i really think he can make it

Delph - would love him to turn into the player i hope he is

Heskey - if not sold then i feel it could become embarrassing how our own fans will turn on him - he really should be let go for all concerned

Offline mshurst

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 03:07:01 PM »
Personally, I think Delphonso can make a really good impression this season. I can see him being used mainly for cup games, but I reckon he'll shine.

But, overall season-wise, I think Ash Young.

If Gabby gets some new boots and can hit the net a few times then I think there's a chance he can shine for us too.

I'm also expecting Downing to do something special this year. As others have said, I don't think he had much of a chance last year as he was injured throughout the summer. A full pre-season training regime with MON will soon see him making a difference.

And, if it happens, I think Robbie Keane can re ignite all positive words about him.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: Player predictions for the new season
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »
Best: Ashley Young- Enough said

Worst: Either Petrov or Warnock.

Scapegoat: If he doesn't go back to centre back Cuellar. Either that or Warnock.

Most Improved: Downing and for his own sake he has to be.

Please note these judgments are subject to change based on signings we make and failure to offload certain players in particular a certain defensive striker who shall remain nameless.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
Best - Agbonlahor - finally hits 20 goals, playing by himself in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation supported by downining and young

Worst - Carew, love him as I do, he is getting older and has looked uninterested/not very good against league teams, will be dropped by the end of october

Scapegoat - The coaching staff - 'not being trained properly'

Most Improved - Barry Bannan

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
Best: Agbonlahor - has used every pre-season since breaking into the first team to improve aspects to his game and the only benefit will be Villa's goals for tally.

Average: Ash - really want him to do well as he makes the team tick but he seems to have picked up some bad habits over the past 1 1/2 seasons that are of detriment to his game. Also, we've been lucky with Ash and injuries and I have a bad feeling this season that someone will clog him just before a key period.

Most improved: Downing - he's always been a great player and showed in patches last season what he can bring to the side. If he's settled in properly he can become a key man.

Will struggle: Carew - I love the big man, but a striker is imminent and I just don't think he'll put the work in to challenge for a spot.

Could be big: The Fonz - from all that I've seen and all that I've read, the hype is justified. Thirty seconds after coming on against Palace in the Cup he had their back line dropping logs as they scrabbled to contain him. Now that's a player.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »
Best -  Ashley Young. He'll improve next season and there seems to be a little bit less hype around him which I reckon will do him good as theres weight off his shoulders.

Worst -  Carew.   I think another season of even worse injury problems and niggles wil see him play second best to Heskey and he will score few goals.

Most Improved - Delfouneso. This will be the season (I hope) when he blossoms, and gets plenty of game time and scores a load of goals. fingers crossed. I also think Downing will get his arse in gear.

The annoying player who bugs just about everyone - Warnock. He will prove inconsistent and will falter in big games, I think the odd mistake from him will punish us in vital games, and I think we need to improve from him. But then again, at least he's English, eh MON?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal