collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Transfer Tactics  (Read 11919 times)

Offline sfx412

Transfer Tactics
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

That's a bit harsh, surely?

He looked pretty promising to me. Not seen enough to annoint him as a brilliant signing, and that's a big transfer fee to live up to, but to say he was poor strikes me as somewhat over the top.

Why?

He paid a big sum,which will get bigger, for a lower division player, he put him in and he 'looked promising'. So did Osborne the last player he went on record as saying was the future of the club, when he first played.

I can see the guy has potential, but paying what he did for someone who looks promising who he dropped due to his inadequate performances is the truth harsh as it is.

I'm sure like Downing, another waste of 12 mill, he will come good in time but that 20 mill could have bought a player or two who was as effective as Dunne, Warnock and Collins were all season. Perhaps then Villa not Spurs would be looking at a top 4 finish.

Offline sfx412

Transfer Tactics
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
Quote from: "John M"
Other than the Wigan game, I've been very impressed whenever I've seen Fabian Delph.

Mon obviously saw problems and dropped him

Sack Mon ?

Offline sfx412

Transfer Tactics
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
So Mon's new transfer tactics should be to spend big on untried lower division players in the hope they come good at some indeterminate time in the future.

Good plan that Mazrim.

Meanwhile Spurs are in Big Europe with all the benefits that brings :)

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
Transfer Tactics
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »
First sign of madness that, talking to yourself. Second sign is having hair on the palm of your hand.

Offline Villa'Zawg

Transfer Tactics
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
Quote from: "John M"
Other than the Wigan game, I've been very impressed whenever I've seen Fabian Delph.

Mon obviously saw problems and dropped him

Sack Mon ?

and then he brought him back again and then he obviously saw problems and dropped him again and then he brought him back again and then he obviously saw problems and dropped him again. He did it loads of times, the indecisive arse.

or maybe 15 1st team appearances for a promising 18 year old  kid during his first season with a top flight club was deemed to be just about right for his development?

Offline MoetVillan

Transfer Tactics
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »
I think Maz is right.  Bringing players from the lower divisions is a good plan.  I dont give a flying fuck what Spurs are up to, Im concerned about the long term plans of my club.  If we think we can build responsibly for the future, we go that way.  Big signings for big money doesnt mean big success for those players as United will testify and they are the most successful club out there.  See also net spend at City.  Fucking madness.    Delph is a youngster, playing in the most important part of the pitch.  He has plenty to learn, but I have been really impressed with what I have seen so far.  Looking forward to seem him really start challenging for his place and developing over the future seasons at VP.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Transfer Tactics
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »
One thing that always surprises me about this forum is the amount of panic we seem to indulge in thanks to the actions of other clubs. We seem to have this feeling that at some point, as soon as an adequate top four is settled, there will be no chance of joining it ever again and so we're desperately striving to hang onto the tails of it like the last chopper out of Saigon.

We're Aston Villa, not Spurs, City, Liverpool, Arsenal or whoever else. If we invest wisely and bring players on under the guidance of a good manager, we will reach a level of success that that patience deserves. And at some point in the future, the hegemony of the league will change. Last season, Liverpool finished seventh. The season before that, the once-feared Newcastle dropped out of the league altogether. Villa are in better shape than some of their rivals in terms of debt and stability and I happen to think we're on the right path.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal