collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What an honour!  (Read 3515 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

What an honour!
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
Our reserve team will be the first team to have the honour of playing Manchester City's "Elite Squad" (formerly Man City Reserves) on August 31st.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Reserves-news/2010/July/Elite-Squad-fixtures-released

The work of Garry Cook, I wonder?

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
What an honour!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:22:52 PM »
Can we have the word filter to read "Garry Cock"

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
What an honour!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
What a horrible bunch of tasteless, nouveau riche tossers they are.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
What an honour!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »
What an absolute joke, Elite squad my arse. At least we only have to come into contact with these arrogant cash crazed scumbags twice a season, and when they deem it necessary to take one of our players by offering obscene quantities of money.

I actually feel sorry for Fergie having to put up with such neighbours, who seem intent on out-Chelseaing Chelsea in creating what will be a albeit trophy laden but ultimately souless organisation without any class.

Man City were to me a proper football club, Lee, Summerbee, Bell, etc which makes its all the more sad that you just know the heart is going to be ripped out of them. I was not so bothered about what happened to Chelsea, beacuse they were always a bit of a joke club anyway.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
What an honour!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
Puts me in mind of this. Maybe they should have sent Man City reserves after Raoul Moat.

Offline TaxDodger

What an honour!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
So Gareth Barry will be playing for Manchester City Elite Squad next season then?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
What an honour!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »
Quote from: "Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air"
What an absolute joke, Elite squad my arse. At least we only have to come into contact with these arrogant cash crazed scumbags twice a season, and when they deem it necessary to take one of our players by offering obscene quantities of money.

I actually feel sorry for Fergie having to put up with such neighbours, who seem intent on out-Chelseaing Chelsea in creating what will be a albeit trophy laden but ultimately souless organisation without any class.

Man City were to me a proper football club, Lee, Summerbee, Bell, etc which makes its all the more sad that you just know the heart is going to be ripped out of them. I was not so bothered about what happened to Chelsea, beacuse they were always a bit of a joke club anyway.

Spot on. I have known some real proper Man City fans down the years, fantastic guys. They were always on my short list of 'proper, big clubs' and all that is going to go to the wall now. Chelsea always were classless chavs so it didn't make any difference....

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
elite
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »
I have good friend who is a man city fan and he his so arrogant about how they will be winning everything lets hope they dont for the sake of football.

Offline DrGonzo

What an honour!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »
Quote from: "TheSandman"
Puts me in mind of this. Maybe they should have sent Man City reserves after Raoul Moat.

Put me more in mind of:

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
What an honour!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »
Quote from: "richard moore"

Spot on. I have known some real proper Man City fans down the years, fantastic guys. They were always on my short list of 'proper, big clubs' and all that is going to go to the wall now. Chelsea always were classless chavs so it didn't make any difference....

Aye, but you just know that almost every single one of those "proper fans" will be buying wholesale into this horrible travesty for football, as would 99% of our fans if it happened to us.

I fucking hate top flight football at the moment, I really do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal