collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier league years  (Read 2982 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Premier league years
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
Been watching the last few days of old seasons on sky sports, again find myself watching this tripe every summer in the close season. Yet every year I'm still surprised how villa are hardly featured on it and it's mostly the sky 4 even though some of them were shit in the early 90's! Still makes me' look forward to the new season though!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Premier league years
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
"Premier League Years" isn't as bad as one they had (possibly "Football Years") on Sky featuring pre-Premier League seasons.

They showed the 1989-90 season (when we finished second) but managed to avoid mentioning the words "Aston" or "Villa" even once. At one point they said "that win moved Liverpool to two points behind the leaders", but refused to say who the leaders were! Shockingly biased.

Offline The Man With A Stick

Premier league years
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:38:59 PM »
These are always on over Christmas.  We feature quite heavily in the 1998/9 one up until we disappear without trace in the new year.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
Premier league years
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »
I like to watch the seasons in reverse then we always finish in the top two.

Offline mattjpa

Re: Premier league years
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »
Quote from: "VinnieChase84"
Been watching the last few days of old seasons on sky sports, again find myself watching this tripe every summer in the close season. Yet every year I'm still surprised how villa are hardly featured on it and it's mostly the sky 4 even though some of them were shit in the early 90's! Still makes me' look forward to the new season though!

except for the one they showed on sunday, where it was us n united all the way (the first one i think) and we finally fcuked it against oldham! can oldham held em? yes, they can

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
Premier league years
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 11:37:13 AM »
We'd already blown it by taking one point off Coventry and Blackburn. The referee adding on six days in the ManUre - Wednesday game was the turning point.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Premier league years
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
Man Utd. Cantona. More Man Utd. Robbie Fowler. Newcastle. Even more Man Utd. Kevin Keegan. Cantona. Les Ferdinand. Arsenal. Cantona. Liverpool. Shall we show all those goals Cantona scored yet again? Oh ok then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal