collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Selling the 'deadwood' and their 'high' wages  (Read 24483 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Selling the 'deadwood' and their 'high' wages
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
It was interesting to see a Premier League years thing the other day. NRC looked a different player at west Ham and he made some good rund against Valencia the other night.

I wonder how much of the criticism he gets is down to how he is being asked to play. Just a thought.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2010, 02:25:55 PM »
I think he was the same player at West Ham to be honest. I remember him playing against us at VP and doing everything that we know he's good at. I honestly didn't pay attention to the bits after he won the ball because I was too pissed off with us being muscled off it. I don't think he's suddenly developed an inability to retain possession as I'm guessing that's what's held him back from being a really top player. But we see everything now that he plays for us, and when he does what he's good at, and finds a team mate with the next pass, he's a very valuable asset to have.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2010, 02:34:48 PM »
It was interesting to see a Premier League years thing the other day. NRC looked a different player at west Ham and he made some good rund against Valencia the other night.

I wonder how much of the criticism he gets is down to how he is being asked to play. Just a thought.

If I recall the story right, when he signed for us and said he liked to play as an attacking player.  MON asked him how many goals he normally scores, to which the answer was max 2 in a season, and that's why he was going to play him as a holding player.  Don't think he ever notched up many assists for us or West Ham either? 

I'm an NRC fan, but he's best as a destroyer with the odd forward run as opposed to being asked to be a creative influence.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

My guess is that Reo-Coker's problems have come because he doesn't do the job he's been detailed to do ie: the manager wants him to hold and destroy, but he goes off marauding like he's Gerrard.

It's just a guess.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
The problem with NRC is that there is a good player in there somewhere. Admittedly an incredibly well hidden one.

That's another thing that makes him hugely frustrating player.

Online placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »
NRC's strength is his stamina.

NRC was brought in to do the donkey work to let petrov get forward - "our lampard"

it has never transpired like that because petrov is too slow and it has been highlighted in a top league. his fall in output in games after 60 minutes towards the end of the season was alarming and, unless that is managed through rotation, it will happen again.

personally i would keep NRC, but it looks like the club will cash in and we will be lumbered with sidwell instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal