collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kit On-Sale Update  (Read 16323 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Kit On-Sale Update
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
From Pravda:

Thank you to supporters for the tremendous interest in the club's new kit, which was unveiled today at the ICC Birmingham, marking the launch of our new partnership with foreign exchange traders FxPro.

As soon as we have a confirmed date from shirt manufacturers Nike, we will announce the on-sale date and begin the pre-ordering process.

We appreciate your patience and will continue to do everything we can to make the new shirt available as soon as possible.

Please log on to www.avfc.co.uk for regular updates and the latest information and for all the latest news ahead of the new season.

Thanks!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
In other words the club have no fucking idea.I hope this is the last season we get screwed by Nike!

Offline charleeco7

Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »
Exactly. Seems to me we have had a pretty crap service off Nike, although I do like some of the gear they have released.

It won't be until after 1st August as they are doing a competition to win one if you spend over £35 at the club shop before that date.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:17:30 PM »
Quote from: "bigad82"
In other words the club have no fucking idea.I hope this is the last season we get screwed by Nike!

to be fair to nike, the club pissed about getting a shirt sponsor until mid-june.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:32:16 PM »
Quote from: "placeforparks"
Quote from: "bigad82"

to be fair to nike, the club pissed about getting a shirt sponsor until mid-june.
Fair point.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 12:28:34 AM »
Patience you lot. It'll take those Indonesian children a few weeks to knock all those shirts up.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 07:31:03 AM »
We should still have a date for it going on sale though.

Offline mshurst

Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 08:40:46 AM »
Before Nike can sell the kits they need to make a specific number of shirts, (large one, at that) enough so they can supply all the stores (Villa store, JJB, Sports Direct, online-stores, etc).

As Villa didn't agree a new shirt sponsor until June then it's going to take longer than a month for them to create the thousands of shirts they need to fill the original quota.

Be patient. As soon as they have realised how many shirts they can make per week/month then they'll let the club shop know when they'll be getting them in stock.

Pre-orders are often classed as a different sale, as they have to make surplus for the shop(s) too.

Offline cdward

Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »
Quote from: "mshurst"
Before Nike can sell the kits they need to make a specific number of shirts,

any specific number greater than zero would be a start.

I think we are all curious as to how come Liverpool can organise a new shirt, a new sponsor, have it manufactured and on sale in the shops in early June, but Aston Villa can't.

Offline mshurst

Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
Quote from: "cdward"
Quote from: "mshurst"
Before Nike can sell the kits they need to make a specific number of shirts,

any specific number greater than zero would be a start.

I think we are all curious as to how come Liverpool can organise a new shirt, a new sponsor, have it manufactured and on sale in the shops in early June, but Aston Villa can't.

The shirt design was probably finalised months ago. But AVFC turned round and told Nike that they weren't going to have Acorns, so Nike just kept it on hold until the deal (with FxPro in this case) was finalised. And as we all know this wasn't until around a month ago.

Then, they had to work out what the sponsor was going to look like on the shirt and how they would fix it on there (adhesives).

Plus: Liverpool are supplied by Adidas, for all we know (and I'm not an expert) they may have a much greater team doing these kind of things.

I just Googled it (out of boredom at work) and Liverpool's deal with Standard & Chartered was confirmed September 2009 (LINK) whereas Villa's with FxPro was in June this year (LINK).

I love the new kit, and I am eagerly anticipating the day I can purchase it, but I'm happy to wait.

Offline robbo1874

Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
i know nike is a big name, but I reckon this season's coming shirt looks very bad, last few seasons have been Ok. I'd back Umbro for a good looking top though. I always think the kits of late 70's til we had the le Coq kits were the best ones. (Le Coq kits looked good too)

If they had stuck with ACORNS they wouldn't have had to be concerned by a new sponsor etc

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »
Release the kit in town infront of lots of people and camera and then we still don't even know when it'll be on sale.

We are bright.

Offline TimTheVillain

Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
Quote from: "Mac"
We should still have a date for it going on sale though.

Seconded.

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
Kit On-Sale Update
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
Quote from: "PaulTheVillan"
We are bright.

No .... the futures bright ....at the moment we are still playing at it !!!

Offline mshurst

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal