collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General C. Krulak Thread XV  (Read 282503 times)

Offline andyaston

Re: The General C. Krulak Thread XV
« Reply #1200 on: September 06, 2010, 04:49:51 PM »
General,

Think you've done the wise thing, good luck with finalising the appointment of our club's next manager.

Offline peter w

« Reply #1201 on: September 06, 2010, 05:29:47 PM »
General

Apart from all the talk about those who are negative, there are also some who see through rose tinted spectacles. Some of these paint a very false picture.

I very much doubt that anyone who is happy with all things Villa is anything but a virtual supporter.

The ones that really need to be kept happy are those who put their money into the club, either as supporters and / or sponsors.

Sorry, but I have to take issue with this as I'm a ST holder and generally regarded to be firmly in the 'happy clapper' camp.

I don't think that any ones few is defined by whether they go or not!

So you're happy with no signings having been made? The choice of manager being very under-whelming? the fact that our best players are going on-by-one each season and we aren't now looking to replace  them? You're happy that we've taken an age to look to appoint a manager and when we get close to it a man who was poor at liverpool and thought Sandor Westerveld was a better keeper than brad Friedel, not only has been offered the job, but then wants to wait until he says yes or no? Seriously, you're sitting their at the moment with your Villa scarf on, drinking tea out of your Villa mug, clicking 'reply' on your Villa mouse, and saying to yourself, 'Proud History Bright Future'? Because I'm not.

Surely anyone who has seen us lose 6-0 at newcastle and pathetically at home to rapid vienna, limp over the line at Everton shouldn't be applauding the board for taking so bloody long about this but should be asking questions. Such as why the bloody hell have we not acted sooner when it was obvious to us all the Kev Mac wasn't up to the job? Why after those performances have we not demanded answers as to why things have taken so long and we have allowed a transfer window to close without us signing one bloody player apart from a makeweight?

Happy? I'm bloody furious. randy has done brilliantly thus far that is without doubt. We've been stitched up this summer though. First by MON and now by a dithering board.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:35:26 PM by peter w »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #1202 on: September 06, 2010, 05:32:31 PM »
General

Apart from all the talk about those who are negative, there are also some who see through rose tinted spectacles. Some of these paint a very false picture.

I very much doubt that anyone who is happy with all things Villa is anything but a virtual supporter.

The ones that really need to be kept happy are those who put their money into the club, either as supporters and / or sponsors.

Sorry, but I have to take issue with this as I'm a ST holder and generally regarded to be firmly in the 'happy clapper' camp.

I don't think that any ones few is defined by whether they go or not!

Take issue with it if you like. I very much doubt that, in your happy clapping, you agree with everything and never find anything to moan about. I may not be very perceptive because I don't know anyone who doesn't have the odd disagrement, now and again, concerning the club. My point to the Gerneral was intended to show him the other side of the coin and not assume that the people who criticise are to be discounted. Some of the earlier posts today were way out of order and have been deleted. Don't try to open the 'better than thou supporter' thing again. I pointed out who the club needed to keep happy and these are the people who put money in. That is a hard fact of business. You are fortunate to be happy and a season ticket holder at the same time right now.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #1203 on: September 06, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »
General Krulak here:

1.  After much thought, I am going to stop posting on this site until the Manager issue settles out.  Simply put, anything I post either 1) gets picked up by the media, put into the context they desire (viper comment) and causes problems for the Fans and Club, 2) is not believed by some fans anyway so not only does the media get it wrong but some Fans don't care anyhow which makes the posting doubly "dangerous."  Let me just say what I have been saying all along, we will do our very best to get the "right" man for the job.  We can't do much more than that.

I have to say General that if you consider the recent views expressed and media circus around a comment you didn't remember making, reason to quit the site and no doubt all others, until the managerial situation I question your motives.
Sorry and all that. You take the same risk every time you comment and whilst I appreciate you occasionally use the threat of stopping the excellent public service your views and comments offer, to calm situations down, from day one you always run the same risks now and will so, for ever.
Fans as you know, have views, some express them, some will disagree with the company line, many will agree, the media will and have always looked on this site looking for something to make news.
We are very lucky, in fact extraordinarily lucky, that you come on to all the sites and offer opinions and information, I'd imagine your various threads are the envy of every other clubs fansites, so to let a few derogatory views, comments and especially some disingenuous media reporting curtail your input seems to me, and I'm finding it hard to find the right words, slightly strange.
Best wishes though get back soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal