collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Ticket Payments over 10 months ?  (Read 7421 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Online Legion

Season Ticket Payments over 10 months ?
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »

Online Legion

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »
Oh bugger:

We are currently no longer accepting applications for Barclaycard Football Credit Card

Sorry.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »
Just posted a link then found the Barclays website says ...

"We are currently no longer accepting applications for Barclaycard Football Credit Card"

For what its worth though, taking out a loan to buy a season ticket is the sort of behaviour that helped to get us into this recession.  People borrowing money that they couldn't afford to buy things out of their reach.  If you can't afford to buy a season ticket this year but want one and would be willing to pay it monthly, then start saving in an ISA as has been suggested and buy one next year.  It's seems like common sense to me...

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »
I fully understand your concern for financial prudence.

However, if a football club supporter wants to take a season ticket to watch his / her team, I am of the opinion that, as season tickets are a less costly way of watching the team - paying (say) £45 per month is a reasonable alteranative to other options, including not watching the team !

This is not for everyone, but some could benefit.

Underwriting is not as tough as for credit cards I'm told.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 10:22:40 PM »
I dont believe that to manage payments over 10 months would be practical for the club ....

Think how many people taking part may default on payments at some point

The admin would then become a nightmare for the club ....think of the problems on match days

By doing as they do currently the majority of season ticket holders will have fully paid before the season commences

Surely the way to do is that from say October people start putting £45 a month into a savings account then when due they have the cash

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 10:25:30 PM »
14% of £450 (the amount I'm paying for my Lower Holte season ticket) is £63.

I'm a firm believer of people having different views but if you can rationalise paying that amount to a finance company just to buy a season ticket then you're on a slippery financial slope in my eyes.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »
What's the added value of your client's potential product, Tim, with respect to other sources of finance?

I'm guessing, as others have said, that people could borrow the money for a season ticket from the usual range of sources at prices which are pretty similar.

I paid for mine over four monthly payments at zero percent interest through the club, for example.

Sounds to me like a product which is up against it from the off. Do a rough estimate of the figures.

Firstly, there are, what, 27k season ticket holders?

If - finger in air - 75 percent of them pay it in one lump sum, that leaves roughly 7,000 people paying by other means.

Take away those who go for the interest free option from the club, and then those who stick it on a credit card they already have (out of convenience), and the potential market you\re looking at is pretty small.

You then are faced with people making decisions based on interest rate, and you're competing with zero percent introductory rate credit cards, where the user can pay it off over however long they like, and can use the credit card for other stuff, too.

The only way you might be able to get ahead of those competing sources of finance would be to get a deal with the club, but the club seem to be in bed with MBNA, so that sounds very unlikely.

For me, though the killer issue is that you'd be up against a 0 percent interest, no credit-scoring, no-hassle competitor from the start.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 08:30:29 AM »
I will send the feedback to Zebra Finance.

They can model the scheme around a club's ( or indeed fans if mirrored) preferred model.

I just happen to know the MD through networking and I work in financial services (IT and Consultancy - Mortgages, Insurance and Finance) and he has many clubs as clients but not Villa !

The 0% scenario is clearly the hardest nut to crack - I guess as far as the financier is concerned they are lending money to be paid back over 10 months and paying the club in full immediately - thus something else needs to be factored in if they are to do a 0% deal.

Watch this space I guess - and keep voting / making comments folks.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 09:10:24 AM »
Quote from: "Ad@m"
14% of £450 (the amount I'm paying for my Lower Holte season ticket) is £63.

I'm a firm believer of people having different views but if you can rationalise paying that amount to a finance company just to buy a season ticket then you're on a slippery financial slope in my eyes.

I'm with Ad@m on this one. The sort of percentage being spoken about surely negates one of the S/T's major selling points: the fact that per game it works out cheaper than buying individual match tickets.

Obviously there are other advantages like being able to sit in the same place with the same people and being guaranteed a ticket for high-profile games, but if the discount that the fan is supposed to be getting just ended up in the pocket of another finance company, then I really can't see the point either.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 09:35:33 AM »
It's something I like to idea of, or at least I'd like the option come next year if it suited me.  However I agree with the above posts that should the interest rate negate the saving of a ST over buying for individual games, then it would be a non-starter.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »
I've also got the football Barclays card and its been great for the last couple of years. Can't get a season ticket this year due to work commitments so decided to ring up and close the card.
The girl managed to persuade me to keep it in case I got another season ticket in the future. I'm not usually easily persuaded but this time I thought fuck it, hopefully I can sort my job out and get one next season. So It wasn't that hard to change my mind in the end, the girl did her job well.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
Quote from: "John M"
It's something I like to idea of, or at least I'd like the option come next year if it suited me.  However I agree with the above posts that should the interest rate negate the saving of a ST over buying for individual games, then it would be a non-starter.

That's what it would be, no more, no less - another option to paying outright, paying over 4 months, using a credit card, taking a personal loan, mortgaging the Mrs, re-mortgaging the Mrs etc.....

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Season Ticket Payments over 10 months ?
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
Looks like Zebra managed to 'win' Villa over !

Hope it's to the benefit of 'us', the fans ......

Offline Gerrin

Re: Season Ticket Payments over 10 months ?
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
NUFC offer 10, 11, 12 month interest free payment options. Maybe a reason why they get so many season ticket holders, good idea.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Tickets/SeasonTickets

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal