collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by N'ZMAV
[Today at 06:46:14 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:43:21 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match Ticket Prices  (Read 35486 times)

Offline mshurst

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »
Quote from: "remy"
Quote from: "Mr Diggles"
Well someone has to pay the wages of Beye, L Young, Sidwell, Heskey et al.

Ding Ding !  Wrong answer !!

The Season ticket money is about 8 million quid barely enough to cover 2 or 3 players wages for the year.

No my friend, its to discourage the 'WRONG' kind of supporter.

The 'Right' kind is the one that brings his kids or mates and spends loads on food, drink and the club shop, educated, employed and less likely to shout abuse, stand up or moan about over zealous stewarding.

Its goodbye to the burberry cap brigade and hello to the gas guzzler brigade.

Wow. You do actually have a point.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
We all clamour for hollywood signings but expect to pay low ST and entrance fees

Cant have one without the other

Offline TimTheVillain

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »
Quote from: "mshurst"

The Season ticket money is about 8 million quid barely enough to cover 2 or 3 players wages for the year.

The 'Right' kind is the one that brings his kids or mates and spends loads on food, drink and the club shop, educated, employed and less likely to shout abuse, stand up or moan about over zealous stewarding.

Wow. You do actually have a point.

If it is this, it's an 'edging out ' process.

The tickets sre only marginally more costly that last season and the season before etc.

Offline cumgetus

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »
well think price of st is fair lookin around
think blackpool 360 wolves and i can,t belive it cheapest 522 and the ablion 399 so watchiin the best midland side for the cheapest price can,t be bad

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »
Quote from: "Dazvillain"
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10265~2090552,00.html

Seems very complicated./..esp that bit where in the one grid there is an extra orange category compared to the ST grid where that category doesnt exist ?

Reminds me of those "Log Tables" I had to deal with at school before they let us use calculators.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
If I didn't have a season ticket, I almost certainly wouldn't bother going at all.

36-45 quid a game where I sit.

That's a lot of money to fork out to watch a match of football, especially if the entertainment value was what it was last season and the season before - given that, the pain of shelling out so much in one lump from week to week would put me off bothering at all.

Offline peter w

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
Quote from: "Hookeysmith"
We all clamour for hollywood signings but expect to pay low ST and entrance fees

The television money and the resulting added on sponsorship pays in large for players, not how many of us attend. We contribute but only the same way that if I wanted to buy a mars bar and you gave me 5p, would see you contributing.

Offline peter w

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
If I didn't have a season ticket, I almost certainly wouldn't bother going at all.

36-45 quid a game where I sit.

That's a lot of money to fork out to watch a match of football, especially if the entertainment value was what it was last season and the season before - given that, the pain of shelling out so much in one lump from week to week would put me off bothering at all.

Agreed to a point. I, and I guess most, would happily see 20 odd boring turgis 1-0 wins at home than the same amount of exciting 4-3 defeats.

But I guess the amount paid does increase for those that only bother with 80 minutes or so...

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
Quote from: "cumgetus"
well think price of st is fair lookin around
think blackpool 360 wolves and i can,t belive it cheapest 522 and the ablion 399 so watchiin the best midland side for the cheapest price can,t be bad

Exactly.  Like it or not football is no longer a working-class game to watch live.  There's money all over the place and if the Villa want to compete then they need more of it.

Sadly, even if we don't want to compete it still costs a fortune - just look at the examples above and there are plenty more in the lower leagues.

There's a lot in remy's post too - the club don't want fans who only expect to pay a tenner a fortnight.  If that's your budget I suspect the answer is to go and watch Sutton Coldfield Town or your local equivalent.

It all depends on your personal circumstances.  For me, I don't mind paying a bit more if it means we stand a chance of winning something.  I'm sure there will come a time when my priorities change and I don't want to pay the price.  In that case though I'll say thank you very much for the time I've had and walk away - I won't be on here whinging about why it costs so much and in the same breath complaining about the players not being good/exciting enough!!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
tckets prices
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
I think compaired to other so called big teams, we get value for money but the recession has hit a lot of people which means a lot of people wont be going to any games and maybe they could look at reducing the prices to stop them staying away from villa park.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »
Quote from: "Legion"
From Pravda:

And, as if that wasn't enough, a family ticket can save you a mammoth £830.

Brilliant, on top of the £880.00 i'm saving by not buying a family ticket i've saved myself £1710.00 plus whatever the cost of not buying the new kit for my son or anymore crap from the club shop that falls apart or breaks. I'm quite well off it seems.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »
Quote from: "peter w"
Quote from: "Hookeysmith"

The television money and the resulting added on sponsorship pays in large for players, not how many of us attend. We contribute but only the same way that if I wanted to buy a mars bar and you gave me 5p, would see you contributing.

why do clubs like Liverpool say they cant compete with Man Utd then, when they say they bring in over 1 mill per game, because of there ground capacity,

Arsenal said thats one of the reasons for why they had to move to increase ground revenues to compete.

if it was all down to TV money, they wouldnt have bothered

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 03:49:33 PM »
I don't have a season ticket and I'd be lying if I thought Villa ticket prices meant value for money, but I attended plenty of games last season where I was happy with both the view and the price. Of course, it helps that I don't have to bring kids with me or sit in pricier seats with friends. As far as I can see I'll be paying about a fiver more, which is a pain in the arse but prices won't ever come down so that's the way it is.

Live football for me is a treat and not a chore. If I was an ST holder it would be different but I'd like to keep that excitement there and picking the games I'd like to see and can afford to see seems to work for me.

Offline eastie

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
I kept a season ticket for the best part of 25 yrs but let it go as I was sick of games being moved here there and everywhere- I much prefer a Saturday afternoon game and sadly nowadays tv runs the game too much!

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"

Yes, course it is. That's why young adult tickets in the Holte range from £18.

Yup, there must be loads and loads of seats available in the lower holte for these young pups to snap up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal