collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Purity Ale  (Read 10816 times)

Offline Rob Gee

Purity Ale
« on: July 11, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »
These fine creators of great beers such as Pure Gold, Pure Ubu and the fantastic Mad Goose wrote the following on their twitter page on Friday:

Calling Villa & Birmingham City fans - we've got some big news to announce on Monday!! Stay tuned, or speculate, whichever your prefer :D

Anyone have any idea what it's about?

I'll be over the frickin moon if they announce they're serving this stuff at VP but life can't be that good.....can it?!?

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Purity Ale
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
It could be...they could go all the way and let us drink whilst watching the game as well!

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
Purity Ale
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »
Quote from: "Can Carew Be Bothered!?!?"
It could be...they could go all the way and let us drink whilst watching the game as well!

I find it annoying enough people making their way to their seats 5 minutes after the game's started, leaving 5 minutes before half-time, returning 5 minutes into the second half and then leaving 5 minutes early. And that's without an awful lot for them to do in the concourses.

Allow everyone to purchase alcohol during the match and consume it in the stands and you'll have even more irritating coming and goings (and that's not even taking into account the added, required toilet breaks).

In my opinion, f you want a beer that much while watching a football match, go to the pub. If you want to watch the match live, in the ground, then not being able to drink beer for two 45 minute periods isn't an awful lot to ask.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Purity Ale
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:36:51 AM »
Well let's hope it's one thing that FIFA allow to happen. It seems everyone is allowed to in the World Cup and UEFA don't seem to mind in the Champions League (as long as you are famous).

I'm sure whoever supply the current Premier League official beer wouldn't mind either.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Purity Ale
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »
Quote from: "Guy M"

I find it annoying enough people making their way to their seats 5 minutes after the game's started, leaving 5 minutes before half-time, returning 5 minutes into the second half and then leaving 5 minutes early. And that's without an awful lot for them to do in the concourses.

Allow everyone to purchase alcohol during the match and consume it in the stands and you'll have even more irritating coming and goings (and that's not even taking into account the added, required toilet breaks).

In my opinion, f you want a beer that much while watching a football match, go to the pub. If you want to watch the match live, in the ground, then not being able to drink beer for two 45 minute periods isn't an awful lot to ask.

I meant in a more, civilsed manner, similar to when Hugh Grant was watching Fulham in the Europa Cup final, they were bringing drinks out to him via a waiter. Is that really too much to ask for with my season ticket in the Upper Holte?

Online Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
Purity Ale
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:45:14 AM »
Oh please god, let it be true that Purity is coming to VP.

Mighty fine ales!

That's the first day of my leave, wiped away in a session of Purity watch then!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Purity Ale
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »

Seems to work OK at cricket grounds.

Online Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
Purity Ale
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »
Rats, announcement put back until Tuesday, according to their Twitter page.

Ah well, I live in hope!

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
Purity Ale
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
Quote from: "John M"

They dont let you come and go while the action is on. You wait until they are between overs.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Purity Ale
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »
Could easily work, whereby you can only bring a beer into the ground before kick-off and not during play.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Purity Ale
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
Quote from: "LeeS"
Quote from: "John M"

They dont let you come and go while the action is on. You wait until they are between overs.

I was more thinking of those Red Stripe girls that come round to your seat with a Ghostbusters style back pack full of beer.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
ale
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:22 AM »
Watching the villa with a beer what more could you ask for in life.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: ale
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »
Quote from: "darren woolley"
Watching the villa with a beer what more could you ask for in life.

Some would say thats the only way to watch the Villa !!

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »
So we could have breaks for technology to decide whether the ball is over the line or someone is offside or for some sort of penalty appeal then extra time added at each stoppage for beer and bladder breaks.  Should suit ITV!

Offline mshurst

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »
Quote from: "Surrey Villain"
So we could have breaks for technology to decide whether the ball is over the line or someone is offside or for some sort of penalty appeal then extra time added at each stoppage for beer and bladder breaks.  Should suit ITV!

Haha, shame ITV don't show the football.

Although I'm sure SkySports would like to cash in on that too! I was watching some baseball on ESPN before the summer and there were breaks everywhere!

It's a shame there were only 9 other people in the UK watching the same channel ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal