collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Strengthening Aim  (Read 12972 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »
Quote from: "Stu"
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
The people who scream "free speech" loudest are always the ones who abuse the privilege.

Its always the same people who want to 'be able to call a spade a spade' if you catch my drift. Kryten's displayed his politics in the off-topic section, however, a prat is a prat, no matter where they post.

What was the guy's name, On The Wood, was it? He posted some of the most, well, stereotypically racist stuff on the World Cup thread before Dave banned him. It was tragic.

Offline sfx412

Strengthening Aim
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:25 PM »
Quote from: "clampy"
Quote from: "sfx412"
He also used an injured Davies, a player he'd spent lots on and hardly played for a season, until last minute buys bought in decent defenders, only for said expensive Davies never to play again.

The said expensive Davies did'nt play most of last season because he was injured, which he picked up at Liverpool away.

I bow to your superior knowledge, although I had thought his shoulder injury was a recurring problem that he'd suffered for some time which came to a head early August. He was i'd thought back in contention for some time after his surgery only for his ankle injury putting him out from mid April. I'd have thought he had had plenty of time to get back in but hey ho. Same with his first season with us when we'd paid for him on loan, I don't remember many games in the first eleven but my memory is not so good and I'm not enough of a pedant to check back and look.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:37 PM »
Quote from: "Monty"
The people who scream "free speech" loudest are always the ones who abuse the privilege.

Its always the same people who want to 'be able to call a spade a spade' if you catch my drift. Kryten's displayed his politics in the off-topic section, however, a prat is a prat, no matter where they post.

What was the guy's name, On The Wood, was it? He posted some of the most, well, stereotypically racist stuff on the World Cup thread before Dave banned him. It was tragic.

Didn't see that, got a link?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=39158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

On this page and the next one. He rounds off with quite a classic one-liner.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
I bow to your superior knowledge, although I had thought his shoulder injury was a recurring problem that he'd suffered for some time which came to a head early August. He was i'd thought back in contention for some time after his surgery only for his ankle injury putting him out from mid April. I'd have thought he had had plenty of time to get back in but hey ho. Same with his first season with us when we'd paid for him on loan, I don't remember many games in the first eleven but my memory is not so good and I'm not enough of a pedant to check back and look.

14 appearance in first season...  he did his achilles in the last match he played that season against arsenal and was out for about 7 or 8 months, i think...

45 appearances second season...  shouldnt have played 15 games at the back end of the season though, and played with his shoulder strapped for the remainder of the season and form was poor due to that.. he gained injury in the fa cup defeat to everton...

5 appearances last season... shoulder surgery after the fa cup game against brighton, as it still wasnt right... surprised we didnt see much of him towards the end of the season though...

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=39158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

On this page and the next one. He rounds off with quite a classic one-liner.

What a card. It's a shame we can't just give people like that access to one forum room only, like...The Mong Room or something, and whenever we want a laugh just have a butchers in there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal