collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:10:10 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Si
[Today at 07:09:29 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:05:47 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:03:59 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Beard82
[Today at 07:02:25 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Bad English
[Today at 07:01:52 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 07:00:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:55:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Strengthening Aim  (Read 12970 times)

Offline peter w

Strengthening Aim
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
Quote from: "kryten_K2"
Quote from: "Fargo Villan"
I've only been a Villa supporter since 2006 when Lerner became owner, so I'm a novice compared to most posters here.  But it seems to me that every summer transfer window starts this way.  And it all ends in disappointment.  It is just so frustrating!  How do you all maintain an interest in a club only willing to do the bare minimum each year to maintain this 6th/7th place in the table?

Like you said mate, you've only been a fan for 4 years.
You woudnt make such a daft arse statement if you had any clue about football.

What an absolute charmer you are.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the site rules, and then come back with a different attitude.

the sentiments are right but not the delivery. Not sure who this Fargo is but it doesn't sound like someone who really supports Villa.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 06:56:58 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
Quote from: "hawkeye"
Real stiring stuff, hold on to your seats

I suggest they keep him away from the season ticket campaign.

Agree.
Unless we head it

PROUD HISTORY, MEDIOCRE FUTURE.
Renew NOW and join MON and the boys on our march to 8th position.

Offline kryten_K2

Strengthening Aim
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 11:51:18 PM »
Quote from: "VillaSubmariner"
I've only been a Villa supporter since 2006 when Lerner became owner, so I'm a novice compared to most posters here.  But it seems to me that every summer transfer window starts this way.  And it all ends in disappointment.  It is just so frustrating!  How do you all maintain an interest in a club only willing to do the bare minimum each year to maintain this 6th/7th place in the table?

That's bang out of order. We all started our love of this club somewhere.

But then again, you've only posted on here for less than 2 years. You wouldn't make such a daft arse statement if you had any clue about treating other fans with a bit of respect.

good one...

but heroesandvillains, is a website which contains a message board. It allows people to air their ignorant / ill informed / constructive / well thought / pathetic / very good or otherwise arguments as they see fit. However, it also allows certain people, (we'll refer to them as mods) to ban people (probably like they will now) to think they have a little authority in their lives, and control the way people air their opinions.

It'd be different if I called the guy a c*** for example??

The fact this site has rules is something in itself. The Internet is a form of free speach, if you want to stifle this, then your as bad as China for not allowing a search engine to prosper in their country.

Offline VillaZogmariner

Strengthening Aim
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 01:25:09 AM »
You really are a prat aren't you.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2010, 07:51:25 AM »
The fact this site has rules is something in itself. The Internet is a form of free speach, if you want to stifle this, then your as bad as China for not allowing a search engine to prosper in their country.

Free speech?
As in allowing you to have a dig at all and sundry?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »

but heroesandvillains, is a website which contains a message board. It allows people to air their ignorant / ill informed / constructive / well thought / pathetic / very good or otherwise arguments as they see fit. However, it also allows certain people, (we'll refer to them as mods) to ban people (probably like they will now) to think they have a little authority in their lives, and

The crucial thing you seem to be missing is that whilst lots and lots of us disagree on everything to do with the club, we're able to do so whilst showing each other a bit of respect and not acting like sneering, aggressive idots, which is something you've managed to get away with for a long time now.

Anyway. Good ranting, but I'm Howard Webb, and you're Johnny Heitinga, so guesss what?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:14 AM »
Quote from: "Rancid custard"
Quote from: "PaulWinch"
Quote from: "TheSandman"
I don't get this... We actually do have a strong squad!

Reo-Coker, Davies, Luke Young and Habib Beye are all perfectly serviceable footballers who could play they just don't get picked! Petrov, Warnock and Dunne all looked clapped out in the run in last season. Yet they did not get rested despite the fact these reasonable enough players were left completely unused.

Doubtlessly we will sign more players as cover that he will never ever pick to replace the six. It's just a waste of time and money.

I agree the squad is fine overall, what we need to add is quality.

Agree with Sandy, I can't help but wonder though, if MON did a bit more rotation/substituting if we'd have gone the distance last season.

The thing for me is that they shouldn't have been used more when the 1st teamers were 'clapped out', but earlier so that this scenario never actually occurs.  Prevention rather than cure!

We do need to remember that NRC and Davies had reasonable injury spells when they couldn't be used, but overall MON does need to balance his resources better!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
The people who scream "free speech" loudest are always the ones who abuse the privilege.

Offline sfx412

Strengthening Aim
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »
Is there any point buying players for anything other than cover if when bought they are not picked.

Last summer Mon bought Downing who was unable to play at a big price,and Delph, again at a high price, who when he was chosen, didn't do enough. He also used an injured Davies, a player he'd spent lots on and hardly played for a season, until last minute buys bought in decent defenders, only for said expensive Davies never to play again.

He bought Beye and continued to ignore Luke Young, Beye, and play a cb at right back. Why?

When we have been short of strikers for some time, he bought Heskey, he has Carew, yet Gabby is the main striker picked.

I don't see the plan to it at all, it seems just a waste of RL's money, which could have been spent on different areas of the pitch, more wisely.

For me Mon would be better not spending what he has unless what he buys is good enough to replace an existing first pick.
It would save money and hopefully grow what we have which isn't a top 4 side but one not far of it.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
He also used an injured Davies, a player he'd spent lots on and hardly played for a season, until last minute buys bought in decent defenders, only for said expensive Davies never to play again.

The said expensive Davies did'nt play most of last season because he was injured, which he picked up at Liverpool away.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
Quote from: "VillaSubmariner"

That's bang out of order. We all started our love of this club somewhere.

But then again, you've only posted on here for less than 2 years. You wouldn't make such a daft arse statement if you had any clue about treating other fans with a bit of respect.

good one...

but heroesandvillains, is a website which contains a message board. It allows people to air their ignorant / ill informed / constructive / well thought / pathetic / very good or otherwise arguments as they see fit. However, it also allows certain people, (we'll refer to them as mods) to ban people (probably like they will now) to think they have a little authority in their lives, and control the way people air their opinions.

It'd be different if I called the guy a c*** for example??

And the site rules say that writing anything like "I bet I get banned for this" WILL lead to a ban.   And drawing comparisons between moderation on H&V and the Communist rule in China is going a little far bit dont you think?  Fair play for not calling us all Nazis though.  It makes a change.

There's free speech and there's being down right rude.  If you want to be rude I suggest you open up a website and say all your nasty things there.

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: martins aims
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
Quote from: "tony scott"
Martin seems to be losing his enthuisiasm for the job, which is a pity because it helps to keep us all going

I bloody well hope not !

I thnk he's been on holiday and is back in his office now hopefully sorting next season out.

Until the Milner saga is sorted ( sooner the better) we aren't able to make concrete plans.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: martins aims
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 01:41:28 PM »
Quote from: "TimTheVillain"
Quote from: "tony scott"
Martin seems to be losing his enthuisiasm for the job, which is a pity because it helps to keep us all going

I bloody well hope not !

I thnk he's been on holiday and is back in his office now hopefully sorting next season out.

Until the Milner saga is sorted ( sooner the better) we aren't able to make concrete plans.

This is unfortunately true.  

I wonder if Martin actually has two lists of targets - one for if Milner stays and one if he has an extra £25m to spend?  Or maybe it's even tactical, as he wants/expects Ireland in part-ex, so that would change the balance of the team given his differences to Milner?

Offline TimTheVillain

Strengthening Aim
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
Are you talking a plan a AND a plan b ?? !!!!

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Strengthening Aim
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
The people who scream "free speech" loudest are always the ones who abuse the privilege.

Its always the same people who want to 'be able to call a spade a spade' if you catch my drift. Kryten's displayed his politics in the off-topic section, however, a prat is a prat, no matter where they post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal