collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: European U-19 Championship Finals: Villa call-ups  (Read 20792 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
European U-19 Championship Finals: Villa call-ups
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
England currently 1-0 up.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
2-0 now

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »
Cheers Legion. Been trying to find a live stream.

Online Clampy

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
Finished 3-2 to England. Very impressed with the Austrian lad David Alaba. You'd like to think these are the type of players our scouts are watching.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 07:06:20 PM »
Quote from: "clampy"
Finished 3-2 to England. Very impressed with the Austrian lad David Alaba. You'd like to think these are the type of players our scouts are watching.

We are. We have scouts at this tournament.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
have to say that apart from his first goal, which was a tidy finish, albeit under no pressue whatseoever, nouble was shocking... strong quick and powerful, but his first touch was shocking and so many times he lost the ball by either poor control, dallying on it too long, or ballooning a cross to the middle of nowhere... his second goal, i am convinced was an intended cross for delfouneso that skewed off his foot into the net...

thought delfouneso was a little under par... some good movement and got into some good positions that were wasted when nouble continuously lost the ball, but overall, he didnt really get into the game like he can... there were signs of his touch, pace, strength, and intelligence, but it wasnt the delfouneso that i know.... nice hold up in a tight area to set up cruise for the 3rd goal though....

baker for me did the simple things well, but was a little rash in some of his challenges at times... he must have upset the ref though, as he kept blowing up against him for not much... the free kick for their first goal in particular...

weimann did nothing all game...

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »
I think Weiman never had a chance playing in such a shit team, although he looked alot more interested than Delfouneso who just looked like he couldn't be bothered.

But when he did get the ball he looked good.

What baffles me is why the likes of Rodwell have been allowed too stay with their clubs.

This is why England will never be successful

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
Quote from: "gibbo"

What baffles me is why the likes of Rodwell have been allowed too stay with their clubs.

I would suggest it is becase he will be one of the fresh faces hinted at after the World Cup.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 10:24:30 PM »
Quote from: "Karl Bridges"

I would suggest it is becase he will be one of the fresh faces hinted at after the World Cup.

He's had a cracking start to pre-season too down in Australia! Scored an absolute pearler yesterday!

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
Quote from: "Karl Bridges"

I read how Germany try to evolve their teams in batches.  Thereby they ensure that all the key players stay together through-out the various grades and then promote them - 3 or 4 players - in one go to the actual team.  

I can see the logic in this as it means the team grows together.  Rodwell may get a call up but Capello will discover that he is not yet as good as gerrard/lampard and he'll be discarded.  See Walcott for a recent example.

Not sure of the ages of these players, but don't you think that right now we'd be better off if Gabby, Theo Walcott, Micah Richards, Adam Johnson and to a lesser extent Milner had all played lots of games (and tournaments) together.  Whereas these players have jumped between the full squad and U21 (if they're not considered too good for the U21 by their clubs) losing continuity and the opportunity to build a team mentality.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »
I just think that the beat players at each level should represent the country. Unless your a special talent like Rooney the likes of rodwell should be playing these tournaments!

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
Second group game tonight against Holland, KO 6pm.

Online Clampy

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
England beaten by Holland 1-0. Fonz had a goal disallowed for handball even though he chested it down before putting it in. A shocking decision.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »
what a load of rubbish....

hoofing it from back to front to a lone front man with no support is just piss poor tactics and just sums up the coaching and management rubbish we have in this country...

piss poor service from a midfield that were simply appalling, another shocking performance from nouble, and not to mention, an absolutely disgraceful decision from the referee to disallow delfounesos excellent goal was as bad as the england performance....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal