collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets on General Sale  (Read 13939 times)

Offline boycy

Season Tickets on General Sale
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
22,000 tickets sold so far according to the video on the Villa website

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »
I've not renewed yet because I haven't had the money/inclination, despite the club reminding me on a seemingly daily basis. I'm sure I will though.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »
I got mine a while ago, but we need some activity of the positive variety in the transfer market to sell out.

22k sold ?? - Can't believe that myself.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
Haven't had a season ticket in a while, won't be getting one straight away as have a wedding to go to on the day of the West Ham game and am at Reading festival the weekend of the Everton game so as it stands Stoke away will be our first away game of 10/11.

Might get a half season ticket this season though as they're decent value and you get dibs on cup final tickets if we make it again.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
SEASON TICKET RENEWAL
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
Hi inside right LLANDUDNO

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 08:50:37 AM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
There are people who spent all last season watching Crewe and Macclesfield who will be renewing their season tickets this summer. Mind you, they don't have road works up there.

Mister you're a better fan than I
Mister you're a better fan than I-I-I

No, not at all. I was making a wider comment about how clubs need their fans.

My mate is a Crewe ST holder, when they sold Dean Ashton they were just outside the play off places in the Championship. They spent most of last season in the bottom half of League 2, if people like him stopped going because of it then we'd have a lot of clubs go out of business.

So my point was that if everyone took the view that they'd stop watching on account of a lack of success or selling players then the game would die. If people aren't enjoying going then it's quite right that they pack it in but if everyone took that approach there'd be no club left for them to come back to if they change their minds in the future.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:14 AM »
Last time I almost didn't get one was a few years ago before Randy took over, the club was going nowhere and the manager was awful. Felt the club didn't give a f*ck so why should. Then it all changed...

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"

So my point was that if everyone took the view that they'd stop watching on account of a lack of success or selling players then the game would die. If people aren't enjoying going then it's quite right that they pack it in but if everyone took that approach there'd be no club left for them to come back to if they change their minds in the future.

It's a good point.
But every club has it's die-hards who will be there no matter what, in fact for many who support the likes of Darlington, Crewe, Grimsby etc. it's a sort of fatalistic, oh bugger, can't think of the word, you know what I mean, that keeps them going. At Tamworth we can rely on about 500-600 through the turnstiles no matter how shit we are.

Villa need more than the die-hards though, especially if they want to compete towards the top of the Premier League, Lerner can't afford to get complacent just because the crowds have held up pretty well in his time here.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 10:07:20 AM »
Quote from: "DB"
Last time I almost didn't get one was a few years ago before Randy took over, the club was going nowhere and the manager was awful. Felt the club didn't give a f*ck so why should. Then it all changed...

This.

I remember sitting in a pub in late May really pissed off with O'Dreary and the way Villa were heading in general and then ""gods gift to football management"" fucked off to be replaced by Martin and then Herbert sells to Randy.
It has had it's ups and downs but overall I'm enjoying the ride.

UTV
The Doc

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 10:22:35 AM »
Quote from: "DB"

Worked out well for me that as loads never renewed. Moved from row 23 in the Upper Holte to Row 6 and now have cracking seats!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
I couldn't renew this time last year as I had other financial commitments and simply couldn't afford it.  The plan was to then get a half season at Christmas, which is what I did, but for those few months when I wasn't going, even though I got a few games on mates tickets and buying the odd one, it just felt...............wrong.  Worse thing was watching us at home when we were on the box - that ws just weird!!

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Renewed, we've a group of 6 and only one other of us has renewed.

One will renew when he gets round to it, just hope we don't have to move!

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »
Quote from: "John M"
I couldn't renew this time last year as I had other financial commitments and simply couldn't afford it.  The plan was to then get a half season at Christmas, which is what I did, but for those few months when I wasn't going, even though I got a few games on mates tickets and buying the odd one, it just felt...............wrong.  Worse thing was watching us at home when we were on the box - that ws just weird!!

I'm with you on that John, absolutely nothing beats that old ground and actually being there.
My Grandad stood on the Holte, my late father stood on the Holte and I stand/sit in the Holte.
you can't beat it.

UTV
The Doc

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »
Meaning Evil reckons Villa are confident of getting up to 28,000?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
Anyone remember the 'waiting list' of a couple of years ago?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal