collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets on General Sale  (Read 13938 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Season Tickets on General Sale
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I have renewed as well, but out of blind loyalty/habit more than anything else.  I really can't see how we can improve on last year's achievements unless we radically invest in the team.  And by that I mean £40m +

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
Quote from: "burtonreferees"
I'm not renewing after 10 years of season tickets..due to the fact I was bored more often than not at home games wishing the game to end !
It also has something to do with the shambles of sitting through Englands campaign and seeing overpaid underachievers.
Cancelled Sky too !!!
Impressed lol !?!

I have been wondering how far away from taking this course of action I am.
It will be like having a new pension but it may be dangerous to change a way of life I have been accustomed to. I reckon the Europa Cup will have an influence on the decision, having to play every Thursday night and all the expense that comes with it.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
Quote from: "dave clark five"
I'm not renewing after 10 years of season tickets..due to the fact I was bored more often than not at home games wishing the game to end !
It also has something to do with the shambles of sitting through Englands campaign and seeing overpaid underachievers.
Cancelled Sky too !!!
Impressed lol !?!

It will be like having a new pension but it may be dangerous to change a way of life I have been accustomed to. I reckon the Europa Cup will have an influence on the decision, having to play every Thursday night and all the expense that comes with it.

I can't see me shelling out for that garbage Europa league nonsense

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »
Quote from: "Des Little"
Quote from: "dave clark five"
Cancelled Sky too !!!
Impressed lol !?!

I can't see me shelling out for that garbage Europa league nonsense

At least it didn't cost much last season.

Mind you, the season before I did all the home games and, though I agreed with MON on Moscow, I wasn't going to run the same risk the following season. Our early bath made that decision pretty much irrelevant, though.

I will probably do it this season, though. I'm working a couple of miles away so weekday matches are just another small trip rather than an 80 mile round trip, which makes the decision easier. And I do enjoy night games.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
andrew08 - Great post. Exaclty how my late father got me me hooked when I was a nipper.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
There are people who spent all last season watching Crewe and Macclesfield who will be renewing their season tickets this summer. Mind you, they don't have road works up there.

Mister you're a better fan than I
Mister you're a better fan than I-I-I

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

I think there is a lot of truth in that and it wont just be the Villa it will have an effect on.

I don't get that bothered about how much England achieve but when you see the amounts that these so called superstars earn week in week out and produce such poor performances it can't help but make you feel less bothered about the whole thing.

By the start of the season I will have forgotten all about the world cup and will be hoping just like every year we will do something great and I will be there to witness it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
I renewed ages ago.

Firstly, so I didn't change my mind, as I knew that once I did, it'd be hard to change it back again. Secondly, as the interest free option had an early deadline.

Well done, the club, though, it makes it a lot more palatable than 550 quid out of your account in one hit.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
There are people who spent all last season watching Crewe and Macclesfield who will be renewing their season tickets this summer. Mind you, they don't have road works up there.

Mister you're a better fan than I
Mister you're a better fan than I-I-I

Should that not read " Mister you`re a bitter fan than I"?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »
Quote from: "vilan461"
Quote from: "villa `cross the mersey"
Quote from: "The Walshmeister"
How many we sold so far?

dont know but if we sell milner and ashley my two tickets will be going back or up for sale to the highest bidder - more of the same eh?
Returning home up the M6 after games at Villa Park was a sullen affair and not because we were returning to Merseyside !

Complete agreement, i sympathise man, thought it was bad enough travelling back to Exhall especially at night with blinking roadworks practically doubling the journey time---but to Merseyside, gee you must have been frustrated at times,----MON needs to read this we must start performing and picking up 3 points at V.P.

Cheers Vilan 461.. on top of all that I was made redundant last week ... now wait for all those jibes about scousers with no job...Over to you Mazrim :)

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »
FWIW I think ST's are good value, but I found myself going to VP at the end of last season because I have a season ticket - i.e. I wouldn't have gone if I had to pay the £39 it costs .....

Football fans are easy bait I reckon.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »
Quote from: "villa `cross the mersey"
Quote from: "The Walshmeister"
How many we sold so far?

dont know but if we sell milner and ashley my two tickets will be going back or up for sale to the highest bidder - more of the same eh?
Returning home up the M6 after games at Villa Park was a sullen affair and not because we were returning to Merseyside !

I know what you mean mate, the only thing that kept me going was we were doing better than both of the scouse shite! At least i managed to avoid the M6 by getting the train back, at least i  could enjoy a drink on the way home. I havent renewed yet after 10 years but il probably change my mind when the season is about to start. I think im just a bit dissulisioned with the game, as we being told to cut back in our everyday life but the price of football keeps going up and up.

Offline inside right

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
My sentiments VOTM entirely renewed at the death
after the daughter badgered me all week end but i do wonder why and with the round trip to Taff Land as well.
Come on MON show some intent and get some players in now.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
season tickets
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
Hi Im a fan since 1959 Ive just brought my first season ticket and Im really chuffed Ill have to travel from north wales but you cant have everything

Offline inside right

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »
Where in North Wales Tony ???

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal