collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Hodgson to Liverpool  (Read 19292 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
0% Villa - Hodgson to Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 09:07:58 AM »
thats if he goes of coarse.
with the uncertainty of th England manager, he might stick around for that,or at least have something in his contract

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Hodgson is a likeable, intelligent, almost affable character and his record as a manager is excellent. I think that he will do well at Liverpool. Unfortunately.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
If I were him the first thing I would do in the job is off load Torres for as much as possible.  He just doesn't look half the player he was and shows no signs of improvement.  

I think Hodgson's  appointment is as good as Liverpool could expect.  They need stability and experience, he'll give them that but not much more hopefully.

Offline Merv

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 09:33:21 AM »
I fear a bit for Hodgson here; a nice guy and a good coach and I can't blame him for wanting one last crack with a really big club but the expectations will be ramped up a couple of notches and I hope he can cope.

On the downside for us, it could well scupper Sidwell's transfer to Fulham, as he was reportedly waiting on Hodgson's future to be confirmed first. :(

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
sidwell to replace gerrard????

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
Quote from: "Merv"
I fear a bit for Hodgson here; a nice guy and a good coach and I can't blame him for wanting one last crack with a really big club but the expectations will be ramped up a couple of notches and I hope he can cope.

On the downside for us, it could well scupper Sidwell's transfer to Fulham, as he was reportedly waiting on Hodgson's future to be confirmed first. :(

It is easy to underestimate Hodgson. He's an intelligent manager who speaks 5 languages, has managed quite a few big clubs including Inter and Udinese as well as several Scandinavian clubs, usually with a great deal of success. Amazingly, he also took the Swiss national side to the last 16 of the '94 World Cup, so I think he probably copes with pressure quite well. I would have liked to see him at VP.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
I suppose he will go for Hangeland now..

Torres out ,Zamora in would be fantastic thou ;-))

Offline Merv

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »
Quote from: "E I Adio"
It is easy to underestimate Hodgson. He's an intelligent manager who speaks 5 languages, has managed quite a few big clubs including Inter and Udinese as well as several Scandinavian clubs, usually with a great deal of success. Amazingly, he also took the Swiss national side to the last 16 of the '94 World Cup, so I think he probably copes with pressure quite well. I would have liked to see him at VP.

I know all about his CV so I'm certainly not underestimating him. He's got a massive job on at Liverpool though and his first big test will be resolving the futures of Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano: for all his coaching ability, will Hodgson be a big enough name to satisfy those players that he's worth at Liverpool for? I wish him all the best because he's one of those guys you (well, I, at least) like to see succeed.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »
This is the first time I dont wish him well. I hope they plummet out of the league. After they did, I would feel sympathy for him though.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
Most Liverpoop fans wanted a sexier name. What the fook does that mean?

Megan Fox managing the fooking team...  ;-o

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
Quote from: "E I Adio"
Hodgson is a likeable, intelligent, almost affable character and his record as a manager is excellent. I think that he will do well at Liverpool. Unfortunately.

I agree. However, I still want to know his views on their best players: Towwes, Gewward, Maschewano, Cawwagher, Weina...

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »
I called this when I saw how much he was praising Liverpool as a club before their respective Europa League semi-finals, saying how much he'd love to face them, a big club with history, tradition blah blah blah.

Poor Fulham, he was lining himself up for the job before the three biggest matches in their club's history.

I'm going to cling to that when I want him to do poorly next season.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »
Roy will have the usual "honeymoon period" but the foul stench that surrounds Liverpoo will take over again.

Hodgson seems like a good manager and man and certainly does not deserve that shit team/club.

UTV
The Doc

Offline supertom

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:06 AM »
I could quite easily see Hodgson offloading a few of Rafa's flops, and raising a solid 50 mill for transfers. He'd probably spend that money wisely too. Torres may be offloaded too, which could fund 3 quality players alone. Wouldn't surprise me, if Woy did businss quickly, and put in a bid for Milner himself.

I'm a little worried to be honest, because I don't see us finishing above Liverpool again, and I also don't see us finishing above City or Spurs next season, as things stand.

Work to be done.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »
Hodgson is a wiley old fox. He will do well there. He will probably get them back to basics and will build a better team spirit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal