collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: From the OS: Cup tickets  (Read 5783 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

From the OS: Cup tickets
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »
We didn`t sell out for the biggest game in our history.

Usually those deserving of a ticket get one and those keen enough will get one by "hook or by crook".

I think some are overestimating our support.

Offline armra1972

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
Agree with the more games you get to the better your chance of a ticket for the later/bigger games.  As for the season ticket business I agree with this also, even though it does not help me in the slightest.  I'm in the Armed Forces and as such getting a season ticket will be pretty much a waste of money due to the fact that I will either spend at least a quarter of the season out of the country if not more (am currently in third month overseas now) or I am unable due to shift patterns and other duties to make every game.  That said, I have rarely had an issue with getting tickets when I can make it and accept that there are some games where others have priority (League Cup Final just gone prime example as was home for it).  
I think the system is fair and I look forward to being able to attend every game and being afforded the same privelege in return for my loyalty in the future.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 12:50:31 AM »
As Fulham sold all their allocation I doubt we would have any trouble selling 12,500 to go to a nearer Final when there is (hopefully) no ash cloud lurking.

It should go to season ticket holders. If demand outstrips availability then number of away games is the best way of deciding it. Children should be able to attend a Final with their parents if they have been all over the country watching the build-up games with them.

Doubt it will matter though as O'Neill will probaly play the reserves in Europe but that's a 1,000-page debate for another day.

Offline Rob Gee

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 10:12:08 AM »
Can't believe you can argue the priority for those having held ST's for longer. I absolutely agree it's how it should work.

Kids should learn that loyalty is important and that their time will come.

Businesses the world over reward staff who have served longer with more holiday, better perks etc

Yes there will be the odd few who might have purchased if they could have, Armed Forces, Unemployed etc but the club seem pretty good at sorting out the deserving few with legitimate tales of woe if they ask.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
It should go to ST holders first. If the kids aint got a ST, then tough shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal