collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: From the OS: Cup tickets  (Read 5764 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013

Offline Rob Gee

From the OS: Cup tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »
Seems to make sense.

Goto more away cup games than other season ticket holders get more priority.

Goto more home cup games than other season ticket holders get more priority.

Have held your ST for a long time? Get more priority than those that haven't.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
Seems to contradict itself within one paragraph

The removal of loyalty points as a measure of ticket allocation. Identifying 2010-11 season card holders who have followed Villa throughout previous rounds as well as rewarding those who have held consecutive season cards over recent seasons.

1) Were "loyalty points" ever used to determine ticket eligibility anyway ?

2) What's their definition of "recent" ?

To me, the "loyalty points" system, if used correctly, would have been the best way to allocate tickets

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
The idea to give priority to season tickets holders who have held their seats for longer is bollocks.

It discriminates against children, people who had the misfortune to lose their jobs and had to give up a season ticket for a year or so and arguably those who served in the Armed Forces too. We should be encouraging new supporters not telling them they are not proper fans cos they have only been able to purchase a season ticket recently.

Judging by previous sales, all season ticket holders in the Cup scheme should be able to get tickets for just about any neutral venue game anyway, we only got 22,500 for Rapid Vienna / Cardiff including a decent number of away fans in each case.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
The idea to give priority to season tickets holders who have held their seats for longer is bollocks.

It discriminates against children, people who had the misfortune to lose their jobs and had to give up a season ticket for a year or so and arguably those who served in the Armed Forces too. We should be encouraging new supporters not telling them they are not proper fans cos they have only been able to purchase a season ticket recently.

Judging by previous sales, all season ticket holders in the Cup scheme should be able to get tickets for just about any neutral venue game anyway, we only got 22,500 for Rapid Vienna / Cardiff including a decent number of away fans in each case.

How is it telling them they're not proper fans?

When the allocation doesn't match the number of ST holders there are always going to be some who miss out, those who go to more games should get first dibs.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 11:55:42 AM »
I agree those who go to more games should get first dibs. Those who have been supporting the club longer shouldn't as it discriminates against new fans and children.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
I agree those who go to more games should get first dibs. Those who have been supporting the club longer shouldn't as it discriminates against new fans and children.

I still think a bloke who has been going for 40 years should take priority over a kid in his first season. It might sem hard on the nipper but if they show the same loyalty as the old timer has they'll be at the front on the queue in due course.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 12:02:04 PM »
Yes but some little nippers will get pissed off at watching a whole season of league action with their Mum / Dad only to be told that they can't go to the biggest game of the season cos they're too young and start supporting someone else or lose interest in football. We should be encouraging the next generation.

Anyway if you've been supporting us 40 years you've already seen us win everything bar the FA Cup which we will never win again.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »
Yes but some little nippers will get pissed off at watching a whole season of league action with their Mum / Dad only to be told that they can't go to the biggest game of the season cos they're too young and start supporting someone else or lose interest in football. We should be encouraging the next generation.

Anyway if you've been supporting us 40 years you've already seen us win everything bar the FA Cup which we will never win again.

I understand the sentiment but in reality if they supported someone else then it would be one of the hyped up tv luvvy teams - they would then have even less chance of getting tickets for finals, big games etc

If they chose a lesser team then they would not have to bother as it would not happen probably in their lifetime

If they chose the Blose - well there is always Barnardo's ;o)

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »
The loyalty points thing was a mess of system. With, for example, points for European away games counting the same as League Cup matches.

I just hope they have a correct record of everyone's season ticket history though!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
Maybe they wouldn't support another team. However thinking back to when I first had a season ticket (1989/90) if I had watched the whole season then we had got to Wembley in either the FA Cup or the Zenith Data Mickey Mouse Cup and I was effectively too young to go I would have probably thought what's the point?

Anyway, unless we get to the UEFA Final we should have sufficient capacity anyway.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »

Sorry, but I think that such discrimination is exactly what should be done

Offline Dan England

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »
People missing out is not really going to be an issue. The League Cup final went to general sale and we didn't sell out for Chelsea if you really wanted a ticket for either you could have got one. I doubt season ticket holders would fill 12500 seats if the Europa final was abroad and the FA Cup final well...................

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »

So how do you suggest they do it? It's not saying that they won't get one but that priority is being given to those who have demonstrated loyalty over a number of years which seems to me about the fairest they can be.

In any case I suspect somebody who has had a ST for 40 years is far more likely to feel hard done by on not getting a ticket than some snot nosed kid in his first season.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 04:20:28 PM »

Nonsense, if you've renewed your season ticket year after year you deserve to be rewarded when success, and or possible glamour, finally come knocking. Bring back the renewal discount!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal