collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Thank You Card  (Read 22827 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Thank You Card
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
It's a thread about a marketing card sent out by the club which, as per fucking usual, some bright spark decides that what we need is yet another discussion about Martin O'Neill's transfer policy.

Where has that happened in this thread?

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
Thank You Card
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
Well, I was chuffed to get mine. I think it's a very nice gesture, and even my missus - who normally couldn't give a toss about football - was quite impressed with it. Great photo and all - proud history indeed.

Offline Villa'Zawg

Thank You Card
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »
Quote from: "Risso"
It's a thread about a marketing card sent out by the club which, as per fucking usual, some bright spark decides that what we need is yet another discussion about Martin O'Neill's transfer policy.

Where has that happened in this thread?

Page 5, Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:50 am

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
Thank You Card
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
It's raining today after a week of good weather, fecking Oneill, needs sacking allowing this to happen and by the way what about all the money wasted on transfers.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Thank You Card
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »

You only have to look at this thread to see why. It's a thread about a marketing card sent out by the club which, as per fucking usual, some bright spark decides that what we need is yet another discussion about Martin O'Neill's transfer policy.

Ex-fucking-actly.

But just because one of the miserabalists has a quick poke to see who is biting, do the HC's have to jump in and start the whole bloody cycle off again?

Stupid question, yes of course they do, it's second fucking nature to both sides now.

Here's a plan - if you see a post that is obviously trying to start yet another tedious "Good Villa / Bad Villa" yawnathon, ignore it, it's dead easy, I do it all the time.

Thank You Card
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »
Quote from: "Percy"

Fair enough. I was trying to remember who was praising us to the skies after the Chelsea defeat, for instance.

Well to defend the indefensible would have been difficult for even the most ardent!

Offline Mazrim

Thank You Card
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
I find the best option is to take the piss to be honest. If somebody is moaning or criticising the receiving of a thank you card, it's so pathetic it doesn't really warrant any serious comment.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Thank You Card
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"
Quote from: "Percy"
Quote from: "Dave Cooper"

It also has the added bonus of giving the cynics who like to see the downside to everything another opportunity to have a winge. Everyone's a winner.

And the added bonus of giving those who praise everything Villa do to the skies

These people exist?

They do.

I should know, I'm one of them

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Thank You Card
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »
Quote from: "lordmcgrath5"
Well, I was chuffed to get mine. I think it's a very nice gesture, and even my missus - who normally couldn't give a toss about football - was quite impressed with it. Great photo and all - proud history indeed.

In that case, you should send Villa a thank you card thanking them for their thank you card.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Thank You Card
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »

You only have to look at this thread to see why. It's a thread about a marketing card sent out by the club which, as per fucking usual, some bright spark decides that what we need is yet another discussion about Martin O'Neill's transfer policy.

Ex-fucking-actly.

But just because one of the miserabalists has a quick poke to see who is biting, do the HC's have to jump in and start the whole bloody cycle off again?

Stupid question, yes of course they do, it's second fucking nature to both sides now.

Here's a plan - if you see a post that is obviously trying to start yet another tedious "Good Villa / Bad Villa" yawnathon, ignore it, it's dead easy, I do it all the time.

It's usually you who posting it. <winky thing just in case you're hungover>

Thank You Card
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »

Ex-fucking-actly.

It's usually you who posting it. <winky thing just in case you're hungover>

Yes, but I did it just to prove you couldn't ignore it.
And you couldn't, so that proves it.

I win.

So there.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
Thank You Card
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
I haven't received a card. I'm debating whether to be offended or glad I don't have to worry about recycling the card and envelope.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
Thank You Card
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Quote from: "Lizz"
I haven't received a card. I'm debating whether to be offended or glad I don't have to worry about recycling the card and envelope.

I haven't had one either. Sister has though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal