collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa. Gascoigne in car crash.  (Read 7535 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013

Offline supertom

0% Villa. Gascoigne in car crash.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »
It never rains but it pours with Gazza. To celeb deathwatch at once!

I find it hard to have any sympathy for the man, even in a case that's not his fault, if only because he really shouldn't still be alive as it is. It's like he's playing out his very own personal Final Destination film. Fate will eventually catch up with him. Gazza's had his card marked for the last decade. Damn shame but, I'm past giving a toss.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:02:22 PM »
Quote from: "supertom"

I find it hard to have any sympathy for the man, even in a case that's not his fault, if only because he really shouldn't still be alive as it is. It's like he's playing out his very own personal Final Destination film. Fate will eventually catch up with him. Gazza's had his card marked for the last decade. Damn shame but, I'm past giving a toss.

Very few of us have got perfect mates supertom. Lots of mates with lots of similar problems - If you and your mates haven't - you're lucky.

Good luck Gazza.

Online ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »

Thanks for that.  Restored my faith in humankind.  I'm off outside to shout insults at some mentally disabled people.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
Bottled it!  ;-)

Offline OldUser

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooow! That was a super fast edit!

Good luck Gazza, marvellous player.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
Quote from: "IanB"

I caught it - I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I can understand those lacking in sympathy - possibly the very same lacking in 'real life' mates rather than 'cyber mates' ;-)

Offline supertom

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »
Quote from: "ian c."

Thanks for that.  Restored my faith in humankind.  I'm off outside to shout insults at some mentally disabled people.

I wouldn't call Gazza that. But seriously, hearing about him every week at deaths fucking door is getting tiresome. He could have been one of the best in the world, but wasn't because he's a prat.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
Quote from: "ian c."

I wouldn't call Gazza that. But seriously, hearing about him every week at deaths fucking door is getting tiresome. He could have been one of the best in the world, but wasn't because he's a prat.

Still a legend though Tom. Aint like we've got too many of those.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »
The poor bloke's on his arse.  I hope I'm wrong but I fear before too long the next words in a Gascoigne headline will relate to his passing.  And I don't mean cross-field.  They'll make a film about his life one day and it will be one of the saddest you'll see.

Offline supertom

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
Quote from: "Lucky Eddie"
Quote from: "IanB"

I caught it - I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I can understand those lacking in sympathy - possibly the very same lacking in 'real life' mates rather than 'cyber mates' ;-)

Yes, they all died of alcohol abuse. :(

Even so, I probably have lucked out in as much as my mates are at least not total idiots. But how many chances do you keep giving someone who's acting an arse?
If you're someone close to Gascoigne giving him support, chance after chance, and he keeps letting you down, how long do you keep going? We're not talking 2-3 times, he's at it constantly. One week, he's turned his life around, and then within a week he's back arse over tit in a bush, blind drunk. I'm pretty patient most of the time, but I couldn't cope with a mate like Gascoigne tere aren't enough aspirin in the world.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
What was the edit?

Offline supertom

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 04:21:42 PM »
What I will say for him is that he warranted all the hype that Rooney's getting a little bit too much of. Probably the most talented footballer this country ever produced (2nd only to Emile He...actually I won't go there).

If Gazza and Milner had a baby...

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
What was the edit?

Nice try Mazrim!

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
If you're someone close to Gascoigne giving him support, chance after chance, and he keeps letting you down, how long do you keep going? We're not talking 2-3 times, he's at it constantly. One week, he's turned his life around, and then within a week he's back arse over tit in a bush, blind drunk.

That's because he's mentally ill.  You wouldn't have a go at somebody who only has one leg for coming last in a marathon.

Mental illness is frustrating to live with and of course, there's comes a point when the age old "you can't help someone who won't help themselves" argument become relevant but it doesn't mean that people should just say yah boo sucks to anyone with those problems.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal