collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Sponsors Announced - FxPro  (Read 42739 times)

Offline kryten_K2

New Sponsors Announced - FxPro
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
Quote from: "Dave"
Quote from: "kryten_K2"
Fulhams website is cack.

Any club with a neutral zone shouldn't be allowed in the FAPL.

Yeah, all that "people getting on with other" and "watching football matches happily".

What sort of monster came up with that idea?

Scenario: A handful of half pissed away fans can't get tickets for the allocated away end. Thus they end up in the 'neutral zone'.
Fulham score, to the slight delight of the genuine neutrals in the area. These pissed, tanked up morons don't take this to heart & decide to give these people a mouthful, despite them (quite rightly) having every right to be in that end. Thus trouble breaks out.
All of a sudden, everyone getting along doesn't quite work out as intended... Given that the world is indeed full of morons like these, this is a possibility, no??

So what happens when someones punched a couple of times because of the above scenario?
Who is to blame...?

No neutral zone - no trouble.

If you're a neutral, whats' wrong with just sitting in the home ends????

Discuss please Dave?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:44 PM »
If that was a regular occurrence would there be a neutral end?

Offline kryten_K2

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2010, 11:59:39 PM »
Quote from: "TheSandman"

No, i was simply giving my reasoning for my opinion which was belittled by our good moderator friend Dave :-)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2010, 12:25:10 AM »
Quote from: "TheSandman"

No, i was simply giving my reasoning for my opinion which was belittled by our good moderator friend Dave :-)

How about this scenario: A couple of thousand people, who support the home, away or no team, watch a match peacefully regardless of the score. Except that's not a scenario in the accepted, imaginary, sense - it happens at every Fulham match.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:53 AM »
Fulhams website is cack.

What you are basically saying is that you don't think opposition supporters should ever, in no circumstances, meet.

What year is this?

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »
Quote from: kryten_K2
Quote from: Dave
Quote from: "A handful of half pissed away fans can't get tickets for the allocated away enkryten_K2"
Fulhams website is cack.

A handful of half pissed away fans can't get tickets for the allocated away end.

I have two young Villa fans in the household who's introduction to football, and the Villa, was via  the Fulham neutral end. Suppose I had better tell them that it was because they were part of a handful of half pissed away fans can't get tickets for the allocated away end.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
Quote from: "JJ-AV"
Quote from: "themossman"
Not sure about this. I know it's just a sponsorship deal, but... From a branding perspective it seems we have gone from being unique in the league to being chucked in with a team that we fancy ourselves as being a tier up from. Jars a little bit.

Aye, I agree. It doesn't change anything and it's probably a bit elitist, but it has annoyed me a bit.

I dont get these two points.

We have the same shirt sponsor as Fulham but our deals will be significantly different. I dont see how we're being "chucked in" with them either. We're not partners, there is no other connection.

If not having a charity on the shirt has annoyed you, well I can understand but it cant go on forever if we want to be competitive. Besides which, our partnership with Acorns remains and we'll be just as active with and supportive of them.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
Fulhams website is cack.

Yeah, all that "people getting on with other" and "watching football matches happily".

Scenario: A handful of half pissed away fans can't get tickets for the allocated away end. Thus they end up in the 'neutral zone'.
Fulham score, to the slight delight of the genuine neutrals in the area. These pissed, tanked up morons don't take this to heart & decide to give these people a mouthful, despite them (quite rightly) having every right to be in that end. Thus trouble breaks out.
All of a sudden, everyone getting along doesn't quite work out as intended... Given that the world is indeed full of morons like these, this is a possibility, no??

So what happens when someones punched a couple of times because of the above scenario?
Who is to blame...?

No neutral zone - no trouble.

If you're a neutral, whats' wrong with just sitting in the home ends????

Discuss please Dave?

Only, Fulham have had a neutral end for years, and the above scenario clearly doesn't happen, otherwise there wouldn't be a neutral end any more.

It is a very interesting idea, it works very well, and it is one of the things which go a long way to making Fulham the best away trip there is.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
Fulhams website is cack.

?

Just when I thought you couldn't post anything more ridiculous, you go and trump yourself with more rubbish.

You really should go to more away games and not be so scared.

The neutral end at Craven Cottage is always half full of away fans. In fact, when they play "bigger" London teams, the neutral end becomes the de-facto away end. I've sat in there every season since it opened - usually as pissed as a monkey - surrounded by "neutrals", Fulham fans and Villa fans ( even next to a few of the posters on here). Villa have conceded 10 goals in the last 6 games at Craven Cottage and there's never been a sniff of trouble. I'm sure anyone who's actually been in the neutral end will agree.
You should try it before you make nonsense comments like the one above, no??

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2010, 09:57:49 AM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
Quote from: "JJ-AV"
Not sure about this. I know it's just a sponsorship deal, but... From a branding perspective it seems we have gone from being unique in the league to being chucked in with a team that we fancy ourselves as being a tier up from. Jars a little bit.

Aye, I agree. It doesn't change anything and it's probably a bit elitist, but it has annoyed me a bit.

I dont get these two points.

We have the same shirt sponsor as Fulham but our deals will be significantly different. I dont see how we're being "chucked in" with them either. We're not partners, there is no other connection.

If not having a charity on the shirt has annoyed you, well I can understand but it cant go on forever if we want to be competitive. Besides which, our partnership with Acorns remains and we'll be just as active with and supportive of them.

Take your point, and maybe I am being a touch sniffy. But in my very simple way of viewing the world, things like shirt sponsor are shorthand for size of club, in the economic sense. We may be getting paid twice as much to carry the logo, and the deal may be structured entirely differently. It just suggests we are fishing in the same pond as them for a deal, which I can't imagine say spurs doing.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2010, 10:03:10 AM »
Take your point, and maybe I am being a touch sniffy. But in my very simple way of viewing the world, things like shirt sponsor are shorthand for size of club, in the economic sense. We may be getting paid twice as much to carry the logo, and the deal may be structured entirely differently. It just suggests we are fishing in the same pond as them for a deal, which I can't imagine say spurs doing.

I don't really agree with that as large clubs often have sponsors that are hardly household names.  How many people outside of the insurance industry had heard of AIG before they sponsored Man U?  

Who are sponsors are will not attract players or fans to the club, so the only issue, other than making sure we're in bed with someone ethical, is how much wonga we're getting.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »
Quote from: "Ads"
I think..... (think) that what he wanted you to do was type "what's ADickFor?" so he could say, for banging your mother, or something like that.

There is a joke in the South Park movie which is similar.

That's my guess anyway.

yeah, it's like a famous for being bad joke.
I have been trying to get someone with it for about 15 years of my life, but it has never worked.  The joke of telling the joke is the actual joke, not the joke itself (does that even make sense?)

But I now realize that it only works in conversation, not when typed.

Offline peter w

« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »
Bloody-hell how late am I? jUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM fULHAM AND SAW - OOPS- they have the same sponsors. But then I was more interested in this debate.

I always go into the neutral end at Fulham and there has never been an inkling of trouble. Its funny that the best away day on the calendar is only spoilt by the 19 year-olds in the big city and thinking anyone is remotely impressed by their singing in the pubs.

Again, not that I'm that perturbed by it. But Putney is great, the walk to the ground is great, not a hint of trouble (apart from our over-excited youth), and a decent old-fashioned ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal