collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Sponsors Announced - FxPro  (Read 42711 times)

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
New Sponsors Announced - FxPro
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
https://www.fxpro.com/

Wow, great front page; you can watch the Cable bid/ask prices change before your very eyes!

Don't like the way the GBP/EUR rates are inverted though; I can never get my head around that.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »
Randy set a price, FxPro have met the asking price.
I see no reason why anyone should have any negative feelings over who they are.
Its just a name at the end of the day. A name that is ploughing money into the club to allow us to get better...hopefully.
We have done our ethical, charity bit..and well done to the club for that.We took the plaudits at the time, but we are not a charity. We could not keep that going forever. Lets face it, if someone else had offered the money when we binned 32Red, Acorns would not have been on our shirts at all.
At least we are also going to continue to have close ties with Acorns and appear to have made it a condition of the deal that FxPro buy into that partnership as well.
In my eyes, everyone is a winner.
We get our sponsorship.
FxPro raise their profile.
Acorns get 2 'sponsors'.
The name on the shirt is just that, a name on the shirt.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »
Quote from: "andyh"
Randy set a price, FxPro have met the asking price.
I see no reason why anyone should have any negative feelings over who they are.
Its just a name at the end of the day. A name that is ploughing money into the club to allow us to get better...hopefully.
We have done our ethical, charity bit..and well done to the club for that.We took the plaudits at the time, but we are not a charity. We could not keep that going forever. Lets face it, if someone else had offered the money when we binned 32Red, Acorns would not have been on our shirts at all.
At least we are also going to continue to have close ties with Acorns and appear to have made it a condition of the deal that FxPro buy into that partnership as well.
In my eyes, everyone is a winner.
We get our sponsorship.
FxPro raise their profile.
Acorns get 2 'sponsors'.
The name on the shirt is just that, a name on the shirt.
[/b][/i]

Yes, this is it for me
Cake and eat it

Offline Osbourne4England

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
Excellent, finally we’ve shrugged off helping kids and gone for a sponsor which everyone can care about. Forex trading really warms my heart.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
I wonder when the details of how big this largest deal will come out - mind you I cannot help but think that it has not got a lot to beat

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »
And which tribe of trolls do you belong to, Osbourne?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »
I believe he is from the Bluenosious Twattum genome.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 11:31:19 PM »
As long they pay the fee for sponsorship I not bothered. You can pick fault in any business from a moral angle.

Take a car manufacturer - your damaging the enviroment
Mobile phone network - polluting the world with mobile gadgets
Etc Etc

Offline kryten_K2

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 11:41:29 PM »
Wow, i never really believed it until now... A lot of Villa fans are fickle idiots.

Having Acorns on our shirts for 2 years was brilliant! Superb, a gesture not met by another Premiership Club.

However... fans constantly moan, that we're not top 4 material and they want us to be up there. Well, you don't get "up there" on good will and cheer to all. The world and especially football is driven by the almighty $$$ or £££ or that god forsaken Euro...

So, now we have a massive company sponsor us, which is the biggest in the clubs history, and will give us more sponsorship than we've had before - and still people moan.

You really can't please everyone... or anyone half the time at this football club.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »
Whilst I don't disagree with your main point - if I've picked it out correctly amongst all the holier-than-thou rhetoric - that we need the money to compete, it is worth nothing that FXPro are not a massive company, not even when compared to previous sponsors. They're a four year old Cypriot registered company.

I don't give a shit, personally, so long as they pony up the cash, but if you're going to go off on one at other posters, at least do so on the basis of sound knowledge.

Offline kryten_K2

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »
thankyou...

My point was, we now have a sponsor that's giving us a bit of cash... and people are moaning that we're being unethical and the like.

Get a life.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »
Quote from: "kryten_K2"
thankyou...

My point was, we now have a sponsor that's giving us a bit of cash... and people are moaning that we're being unethical and the like.

Get a life.

I've got one, thanks.

What a peculiar outburst.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:21 PM »
thankyou...

Get a life.

People 'moaned' that 32Red was unethical. One of the great things about Villa these days is that we do the right thing, so it's only proper that the nature of our sponsors should be debated

Well done on introducing the f word to the debate in yet another 'our supprters are terrible' whinge.

Offline kryten_K2

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 12:25:39 AM »
yeah well dave... thankfully i'm in a world where i can voice an opinion, which doesn't necessarily have to stick to your rules.

sorry, but sometimes some comments i read are just embarrassing.

Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
thankyou...

Get a life.

People 'moaned' that 32Red was unethical. One of the great things about Villa these days is that we do the right thing, so it's only proper that the nature of our sponsors should be debated

Well done on introducing the f word to the debate in yet another 'our supprters are terrible' whinge.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »
thankyou...

Get a life.

Fantastic retort.

Could have probably done with a few more "chill out"s and "OMG!"s  for dramatic effect though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal