collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Sponsors Announced - FxPro  (Read 42727 times)

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
New Sponsors Announced - FxPro
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce our new partnership with FxPro Financial Services Ltd, a leading global retail broker in Forex (foreign exchange) markets and CFDs ('buyer' and 'seller' contracts).

FxPro will become the club's principal commercial partner from July 2010 following agreement of a three-year deal - the biggest in the club's history.

The groundbreaking association between Villa and Acorns - the largest provider of hospice care for life-limited children in the UK - will remain, with Acorns becoming the club's official charity and FxPro making a strong commitment to supporting our joint endeavours.

The new shirt for next season will be unveiled on July 15 in Birmingham.

"We are extremely pleased and excited to enter into this new partnership with FxPro," said Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa Football Club. "A lot of hard work has gone into the completion of this agreement and we believe it will be a good partnership for the club. It reflects our continued growth as a club after a season in which we finished sixth in the Premier League for the third straight year while twice reaching Wembley - competing in the Carling Cup final and FA Cup semi-final.

"Equally, we are pleased to confirm that Acorns will be our official charity partner and in meetings involving both FxPro and Acorns a close working alliance has already been forged."

Denis Sukhotin, Director of FxPro, is enthusiastic about the new partnership. "Aston Villa are one of the great names in the Premier League, with a following extending far beyond the UK. We are proud to partner with Aston Villa as the club continues to work hard to achieve success."

"We will work diligently with our partners at Aston Villa to extend the brand around the world," said Jim Manczak, Head of Strategic Relations for FxPro. "Villa are one of the oldest and most successful clubs in England and we look forward to connecting with Villa fansfar and wide."

Reflecting on the ongoing relationship between Villa and Acorns, David Strudley, chief executive of Acorns Children's Hospice, said: "We are delighted to become Aston Villa's official charity partner and equally thrilled to hear of the shirt partnership with FxPro, an organisation which has also undertaken to support us as a charity. On behalf of the children of Acorns and their families, we would like to thank Aston Villa for all they have done for us and continue to undertake to do for us and we wish them every good fortune."

On official site now

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
Wonder how much over 3 years?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
Glad the Acorns association is remaining.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
Same here.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
Anyway, I'm with Chico:

Quote from: "Chico Hamilton III"
a 4-year old, Cypriot-registered foreign exchange company.

I'm bursting with pride

Offline Linus

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 08:32:20 PM »
So we're carrying a sponsor who deals in the kind of thing that's fucked up the economy so badly? Yaaaaaayyyyyy!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
Quote from: "Legion"
Anyway, I'm with Chico:

I'm bursting with pride

From the perspective of any kudos, it was always down hill after Acorns.

I just hope they're paying us a heap of wonga for it!!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »
Quote from: "Legion"
Anyway, I'm with Chico:

I'm bursting with pride

Who exactly would have made us feel more pride?

Offline Linus

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Someone who actually makes something? Employs local (even British) people? A household name?

Online Dave

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »
Quote from: "Linus"
Someone who actually makes something? Employs local (even British) people? A household name?

Does that matter? Surely we go altruistic and stick with our lovely charity or we go nasty-capitalist-bastard and go with the company that will pay us the most money?

Surely the middle ground is where we should be ignoring?

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
Quote from: "Dave"

Does that matter? Surely we go altruistic and stick with our lovely charity or we go nasty-capitalist-bastard and go with the company that will pay us the most money?

Surely we have gone for both - by getting money from the financial sector and continuing to support Acorns? (I know, don't call me Shirley)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
Either we give it away and feel good about ourselves or we sell it to the highest bidder. Morality isn't really an issue.

Offline Bungle

• http://www.loftys-stores.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
I'm not entirely happy with FX part of the name - an easy target for opponent's abuse.  I would have prefered sticking with Acorns, but I suppose the club need the money.  What exactly is an "official charity" anyway?  And does it mean no more heroes collections?

Online Dave

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
Quote from: "newtonsballs"
Quote from: "Dave"

Surely we have gone for both - by getting money from the financial sector and continuing to support Acorns? (I know, don't call me Shirley)

Yup, which is fine.

I don't really see the point of hand-wringing about it. We either want the cash or we don't.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 09:13:12 PM »
Quote from: "Bungle"
I'm not entirely happy with FX part of the name - an easy target for opponent's abuse.  I would have prefered sticking with Acorns, but I suppose the club need the money.  What exactly is an "official charity" anyway?  And does it mean no more heroes collections?

We had both Acorn and HfH collections last season, although the Acorns ones have, I believe, suffered from diminishing returns.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal