collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 24793 times)

Offline boboonthecorner

Gabby
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »
Quote from: "hartman_1982"
Quote from: "boboonthecorner"
Quote from: "Mark Kelly"
You can thank our coaches for that.

Both him and Young stood still last year. Arguably Young might have regressed.

Rubbish! Gabby has improved year on year. He is developing all aspects of his game and has added strings to his bow that i never thought he would be capable of.

Gabby is never going to be that instinct striker, I honestly think that is something you have or you don't, but what he is becoming is an all round front man. He puts in a shift and holds it up brilliantly, which is why i really don't see the point of him being played with a "big man" anymore.

Gabby and a poacher would be a nightmare for any defence

Maybe you're right in the last four seasons he's scored 9,11,12 and 13  league goals. Which highlights his progress, I still stand by my statement about Young though :)

Offline barrysleftfoot

Gabby
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
I think if the question was about Ashley, then my answer would have been different.Needs to pick out the final ball better.He is a better footballer than SWP/Lennon/Walcott....he needs to prove it.

Gabby alongside a Kanoute player, would be as good as we aree going to get at the moment, we can't attract the Rooneys/Van Persies of this world, but i'm quite happy with Gabby, and with the right partner, more creative passing, we could have a real top goalscorer.

I said 2 years ago, that he would be Englands centre foward by now, and for me he should be, he's a better all round player than Crouch/Bent/Defoe/Heskey, and playing with Rooney and Gerrard would benefit him and us.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Gabby
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
Gabby's record in all competitions

06/07 42 Apps (10 goals)
07/08 40 Apps (11 goals)
08/09 48 Apps (13 goals)
09/10 41 Apps (16 goals)

That is year on year improvement. Who says he can't push 20 in all competitions next season especially if we get a good run in the Europa? If there is a problem with our team it most certainly is not him and if we sell him heaven help us.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Gabby
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
Quote from: "hartman_1982"
Quote from: "boboonthecorner"
You can thank our coaches for that.

Both him and Young stood still last year. Arguably Young might have regressed.

Rubbish! Gabby has improved year on year. He is developing all aspects of his game and has added strings to his bow that i never thought he would be capable of.

Gabby is never going to be that instinct striker, I honestly think that is something you have or you don't, but what he is becoming is an all round front man. He puts in a shift and holds it up brilliantly, which is why i really don't see the point of him being played with a "big man" anymore.

Gabby and a poacher would be a nightmare for any defence

That is rubbish !! that is exactly what Gabby is, an instinct striker. What he isn't is a striker who can bury a chance when he has time to think about it.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Gabby
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
Quote from: "TheSandman"

06/07 42 Apps (10 goals)
07/08 40 Apps (11 goals)
08/09 48 Apps (13 goals)
09/10 41 Apps (16 goals)

That is year on year improvement. Who says he can't push 20 in all competitions next season especially if we get a good run in the Europa? If there is a problem with our team it most certainly is not him and if we sell him heaven help us.

Absolutely.

I bet in all those games he's probably played 90 minutes in all but a handful. I think he's done exceptionally well, whether with Carew, Heskey or quite possibly his best, on his own.

He deserves a lot more credit than gets.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Gabby
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »
He should be in SA instead of Heskey.

Holds the ball up better, works harder, scores more goals.

Offline eastie

Gabby
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »
Agree to a degree, gabby on instinct is not bad but when he's one on one and has time to think he's not so good- he needs to improve his finishing as he missed a lot of chances last season that he should have put away.

The signing of keane would maybe bring out the best in gabby but at the moment the jury is out on him In my eyes.

Offline peter w

Gabby
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »

06/07 42 Apps (10 goals)
07/08 40 Apps (11 goals)
08/09 48 Apps (13 goals)
09/10 41 Apps (16 goals)

Absolutely.

I bet in all those games he's probably played 90 minutes in all but a handful. I think he's done exceptionally well, whether with Carew, Heskey or quite possibly his best, on his own.

I think one thing Gabby gets is credit. What he now needs to do is deliver in a big way.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Gabby
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »
he's the best we got,
 but overated no where near as good as people think,

he will only leave if a top team come in for him, they wont, so he's here for the long stay,
 should please most on here.

i'm not saying i want to sell him,
 we should get rid of the other two first, but he will never be a 20 league goal a season man, i know they are rare, and Gabby's not one of them

Offline barrysleftfoot

Gabby
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:52 PM »
If he took penalties he would be john.

Offline john e

Gabby
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »
Quote from: "barrysleftfoot"
If he took penalties he would be john.

you reckon he'd score then ?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Gabby
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 08:17:40 PM »
He's not just highly rated on here or amongst our support but he's one of our players who is spoken most highly about by supporters of other clubs when I talk to them.

And I'm speaking as someone who didn't start to rate him until recently.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Gabby
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "peter w"

06/07 42 Apps (10 goals)
07/08 40 Apps (11 goals)
08/09 48 Apps (13 goals)
09/10 41 Apps (16 goals)

Absolutely.

I think one thing Gabby gets is credit. What he now needs to do is deliver in a big way.

Maybe when he starts getting some decent service he'll deliver in a big way. Until now he's done exceptionally well.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Gabby
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »
Quote from: "PaulTheVillan"
Gabby is getting better, I just wish he'd have a better brain for movement. For a quick bloke there's very rarely any one on ones with the keeper. Maybe that's down to the midfield?

Maybe but defences play very deep when they play us so maybe that has a bearing!?

Offline john e

Gabby
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
He's not just highly rated on here or amongst our support but he's one of our players who is spoken most highly about by supporters of other clubs when I talk to them.

And I'm speaking as someone who didn't start to rate him until recently.

thats because he's the most over inflated hyped up player we have, especially in the media, certainly used to be anyway.

people just go along with what they hear.

two or three seasons ago i went to Stamford bridge with a couple of Chelsea supporters, they were telling me how much they feared Gabby and what he could do to them, it was just what they had picked up from the TV etc
i told them not to worry and he was nothing like as good as everyone thinks, on the way back they said it was true, he did nothing

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal