collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 62545 times)

Offline pmarachi

Basketball
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »
Anyone who has a problem with Lebron is nuts...
Sorry, but the Cavs didn't "discover" him or "give him his big break", they drafted him.  And he gave them SEVEN years!!!!

SEVEN!!!!

They took him for granted, figured he wasn't going to leave and never put a solid team around him.  Who did they put in there with him?  Shaq? is it 1992?  Am I missing something?  Delonte "Without Jameer Nelson I suck" West?

I mean really.  He's 25 and has lived his whole like in an area of about 60 miles.

It's CRAZY to be mad at him.  

We always say these guys are selfish and care more about being a star than the team.  So then when a guy gives up being the big solo star to be on a good team, we do the same thing?

Also, Gilbert has officially BURIED the franchise.  Mark my words, NO big free agent will ever go to cleveland after seeing what a nut job their owner is.

Offline ExclDawg

Basketball
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 03:28:21 AM »
I hate this rediculous, "He gave them 7 years" argument.  Big deal ... If he wanted to leave, that's fine.  But the way he did it was this biggest load of crap one could possibly do to a city.

That entire team was based around moves that Lebron approved or wanted to make.  He has his fingerprints all over that entire roster.  They never took him for granted ... they bent over backwards to appease him.  Also, name one player the Cavs could of picked up that would of really helped or one trade that they shot down that would of made the Cavs instant contenders.  You can't ... because the NBA is set up so that the good players usually stay where they are.  The Cavs never had a high draft pick to draft another bigtime player, there were no great free agents they could of signed, and there were no trades to be had that would of given them a superstar.

But outside of that, if Lebron wanted to leave, fine ... not to many people would of held it against him if he really wanted out.  But he did it in the worst way possible.  Mailed it in for the playoffs so the Cavs exited early, led everyone on thinking they had a chance to sign or re-sign him, then made a 1 hour TV special, where he basically flipped his finger at the city of Cleveland to 30 million viewers.

If you're going to leave your wife for a younger girl, do you slip out the backdoor, or do you announce it on the jumbotron?  He didn't even bother to notify, let alone thank the guy who paid 7 years worth of his checks.  Even in the business world, most respectable people give 2 weeks notice.  Lebron just flipped a finger, and said "enjoy the crappy roster I helped build for you and enjoy the table scraps from the rest of free agency cause I dragged this on for so long."

Offline pmarachi

Basketball
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
I agree with some of your points, but I am not mad at him.

You do make some good points though.  

But as a Knicks fan, I can't personally relate to the situation I guess.

But I can relate to Carmelo Anthony!!!!

(and what I really mean is I CAN'T relate to him really, but I want him on the team)

Offline pmarachi

Basketball
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 04:32:15 PM »
so Chris Paul want's to go to Orlando?
I wonder what Jameer Nelson thinks about this?

He has been kicking CP3's ass since college every chance he gets and yet no one seems to notice.

Since I know we aren't getting Chris Paul, I would love for this to work out so that the Knicks somehow land Jameer Nelson (now that he's healthy).

Fenton who?

Offline evalast1910

• GM : 29.02.2016
Basketball
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »
So Shaq has gone to the Celtics.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Basketball
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »
Quote from: "evalast1910"
So Shaq has gone to the Celtics.

I never believed the rumours that he was heading to Europe.

As long as he's prepared to come off the bench and be a bit player, Shaq can still do a job.

However, he'll probably still have his regular mid-winter break.

Online UK Redsox

Re: Basketball
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »
Regular season NBA at the Dome next season

Nets v Raptors on 4th & 5th March

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
Tickets from £39 to £520

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »
I got excited when I heard there were going to be two games being held in London... only to find out the Nets were playing the Raptors. Any decent team playing the Miami Heat would have raked loads of money in for the NBA.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »
I got excited when I heard there were going to be two games being held in London... only to find out the Nets were playing the Raptors. Any decent team playing the Miami Heat would have raked loads of money in for the NBA.

yeah, raked in loads here in the USA too.

So why would they play that in London?

You put toronto and NJ in London and you have a chance that more than 15 people go to the game just to go.

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
I'd consider going but the Dome is a bugger to get to/from for me

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »
Just finished watching the ESPN documentary "Jordan Rides the Bus". An excellent film about MJ's "retirement" from basketball after the murder of his father, his time with the Birmingham Barons (Chicago White Sox minor league team) and the reason why he returned to basketball.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »
Just finished watching the ESPN documentary "Jordan Rides the Bus".

Well she's rode everything else.

B'dum tischhh

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »
NBA returns tonight!!! The much anticpated Miami Heat open their season in Boston... cannot wait.

So, what's everyone's expectations for the NBA this season?? Miami to sweep everyone aside, Lakers 3peat, Miami to get 70 wins?

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:17 AM »
"Big Three" my arse !!

So that's it for the LeBron Heat going 82-0

Well done to the Celtics

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal