collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 63193 times)

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Re: Basketball
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »
Was that the Miami Heat James was playing for? I swear it just looked like he was playing for the Cavs doing all the work getting the most points. You can't hate on LeBron, his debut was pretty good for Miami... THIS IS LEBRON'S TEAM NOT WADE'S.

Bosh was just poor... for someone who is 6'10 he's a bit of pussy. Wade wasn't as bad but he wasn't exactly good either, Lebron kept it going for them until Boston just edged it out in the end. From an offense point of view Miami get a grade C... this is a work in progress, it was their first game of the season against a very solid defensive Boston Celtics, it's gonna get better in due course.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »
I was kind of surprised by the knicks last night.

Felton was really freaking good!

These guys have barely played together, but weren't half bad.

I could see them actually compete for one of those last playoff spots.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
Knicks in the playoffs... hmm, maybe. Whatever way you look at it the East is looking pretty strong and competitive. Miami, Chicago, Orlando and Boston all looking very good... I've got Washington down as the surprise team in the East; John Wall is awesome.

Orlando @ Heat tonight - gonna be epic.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »
Knicks in the playoffs... hmm, maybe. Whatever way you look at it the East is looking pretty strong and competitive. Miami, Chicago, Orlando and Boston all looking very good... I've got Washington down as the surprise team in the East; John Wall is awesome.

Orlando @ Heat tonight - gonna be epic.

I always root for Orlando.  I went to school with Jameer Nelson when I was younger.  Always loved that he was short as hell and never got the respect and everytime he played Chris Paul he gave him a beating, both in the NCAA and in the NBA

Offline The Situation

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »

Yeaaaaah, John Wall my boy. Played awesome against the 76'ers last night. 29 points, 13 assists and 9 steals. Is this real life?

Marachi; that's really cool cos Nelson is one of my favourite PG's... was he smaller than 6'0 when he left school?

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2010, 11:05:33 PM »
Nelson:

Nice guy. 
Roomed with a friend of mine sophmore year.

He was literally like 5'8.  I always laugh when I see him at  six.  He isn't near it.

nice guy though.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »
Are the Utah Jazz players juicing themselves before the 4 quarter starts? Just incredible what they've done in the last 3 matches.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:01 AM »
Are the Utah Jazz players juicing themselves before the 4 quarter starts? Just incredible what they've done in the last 3 matches.

I've only seen the clips on "PTI" (regular readers may know that I'm a big fan of Kornheiser and Wilsbon) but the Jazz seem unstoppable at times.

Still gonna be Heat v Lakers in the finals though

Offline The Situation

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2010, 04:48:57 AM »
Deron Williams is class... I watched a great Utah team topple the Lakers on Friday night, great comeback for them, I do really rate Utah highly; they've also got Okur to comeback from injury too.

Oh, and it's the 'unbeatables' who are at 9-8 now... oh dear, not looking very good is it? They're like Man City, just a team of individuals, no cohesion - nothing. I do believe the job is too big for Spoelstra, too much pressure on such a young coach - if this continues they need to get Riley as coach ASAP - an experienced coach who'll know how to manage all these 'superstars'. Miami @ Cleveland next week - gonna be epic, especially if the unthinkable happens, Cavs win (with how Miami are playing, especially on the road, I might put a Bid on Cavs to win that one).

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
Knicks beat the spurs in a game with a total score close to 250 points.

It's great to see the Knicks gaining steam. 

Offline The Situation

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2011, 03:45:16 AM »
Knicks are doing well with Amare... playoffs look like it'll probably happen. They'll need to step up on defence if they make the playoffs however...

Miami Heat have got LeBron's former team to thank... ever since that demolition of the Cavs they have been unstoppable, just losing once in 25 games. They've clicked, and the big 3 are starting to play like the big 3. Wade is such a baller.

The Lol Lakers looking very shaky at the moment... can't see them making a 4th straight finals appearence.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2011, 02:16:06 AM »
knicks are playing th spurs right now.

They are down, but every point has been exciting.

I really didn't realize just how good Amare was until this year.  I knew he was good, but I didn't put him at this level.  Of all the FA in last years class, I would say he was second only to Lebron.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
Cleveland losing streak reaches an NBA record 25 straight games

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310207006

It'll be great if they're still on a losing streak when them meet the equally awful Washington Wizards (O for the season in away games) on Sunday

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
Bollocks. The Cavs beat the Clippers last night.

That means their game against the Wizards won't the the battle of complete ineptitude that I was hoping for

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
How about this for a pass

Wade to LeBron a couple of days ago

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal