collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our current badge/crest  (Read 20561 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
Quote from: "Tom Parker"
I believe the star is in the Lion's eyeline to signify that the vision for the future is to repeat the feat it represents.

I bet it isn't.

With you Dave. I believe the star is where it is because there was a gap there.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »
It's the one thing I think Randy has got wrong in 4 years, which is a shame as it's quite important.

As other people have said, it's colour palette is too week and it hasn't got our name on. Oh, and the star is  in the wrong place.

Oh well...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
I think there is a rule about not being able to have a star above the badge (where it should be). The Premier League only allows stars that signify domestic success (like Rangers have a star for every ten league titles they have won).

The crest is a lot better than the last one with bloody stripes on it. Would rather go back to the round one and have 'ASTON VILLA' written on it though.

Still, they will probably change it again in five years so not too bothered.

Offline peter w

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
Don't like the AVFC but I can ignore it. Wasn't there some grouping, or press conference, or something from my hazy memory, connected to the club that had used AVFC, or branding us AVFC before the fixed 'vote' informed us that although only about 30% wanted an AVFC over a variation on Aston Villa FC, that's what we got.

But as for the badge, I had no feelings either way at the time and am still like that now. But, if anything, I slightly cringe when I see it on TV as its very child like and doesn't fill me witha Villa sense of pride.

But, there again, its still something I can get past.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »
Thats when you find a media outlet that uses the new badge - so many you see still dropping in the old one

Offline peter w

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
The only thing with the old badge - as much as I like that one (the round one)- its all a bit Chelsea, Middlesbrough, etc etc

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »
I didn't like it but I do now.

Still not as much as the old one, my mate constantly ribs me about having the old badge tattoo'd on my leg but the last one was my favorite so I don't care

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
The AVFC emphasis in the club's marketing was one thing they got wrong early on and soon put right. I think having a star on the badge is a bit Coventry but if it makes people happy, so be it.

Online FatSam

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
Quote from: "London Villan"
It's the one thing I think Randy has got wrong in 4 years, which is a shame as it's quite important.

As other people have said, it's colour palette is too week and it hasn't got our name on. Oh, and the star is  in the wrong place.

Oh well...

This is how I feel about it also. The club crest, colours, kit etc. are all important and have meaning for me in terms of contributing to the cultural phenomenon that is Aston Villa. I want to be able to take pride in these things as a supporter in the same way that I want to be able to take pride in the team on the pitch.

The graphic design, and inclusion of the star, on the current crest is frankly embarrassing, and does put me off buying replica shirts/ merchandise - which in my opinion would all look a lot better with the 1980s circular crest, or the historic crest. I understand that the crest needed to be changed in order to have greater control over its re-production, but we ended up with something that is worse than the previous one, which most people felt was worse than its predecessor.

However, I have been able to forgive Randy for this error of judgment because of all the positive changes/ developments that have been made since his arrival. It was an attempt in my view to please everyone by giving supporters the opportunity to make suggestions on how it should look - a good end result rarely if ever comes from design by committee.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 05:38:16 PM »
I believe the star is in the Lion's eyeline to signify that the vision for the future is to repeat the feat it represents.

Pretentious? Moi?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »
Quote from: "Dave Cooper"

Pretentious? Moi?

I think the star is near the eye because the lion is, in fact, seeing stars, having taken a Heskey shot square in the fizzog whilst sitting (sorry, standing) at the back of the Upper Holte.

Offline Simba

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
Fat Sam. I appreciate your comment about Randy/club/PR dept wanting to give the fans a forum to involve themselves in the design and the unfortunate  resulting 'camel' but.....

why ignore us.

As one of those who did get involved, we were simply given a multiple choice questionnaire where the answers were clearely pre-ordained.

I put foreward a design ( arrogant, moi?) that was a compilation of a simplified 50's shield with Lion surrounded/ juxtaposed by the 80s circle with ASTON VILLA  and Prepared on it.

My comments: Lion in Claret on sky blue. Never Yellow on light blue.
'Aston Villa' NOT AVFC

Anyway it is done now but let's face it - the club deserves better.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »
dont like it. never have, never will,
i can live with the colour, the lion, the star, although they are not great.

but it should at least say who we are, Aston Villa,
 it doesnt, thats why its crap

i agree with others, only thing Randy got wrong, so cant be to harsh

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Our current badge/crest
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

I think the star is near the eye because the lion is, in fact, seeing stars, having taken a Heskey shot square in the fizzog whilst sitting (sorry, standing) at the back of the Upper Holte.

haha very good.

I don't like the new crest.

The colours aren't right.  In fact I would say they are 'girlish'.

Offline tremzvillain

Our current badge/crest
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

Much MUCH better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal