collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tommy The Hammer is a Hammer  (Read 24680 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Tommy The Hammer is a Hammer
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
Quote from: "gregnash"
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
Quote from: "hilts_coolerking"

Are you sure he played in all of their WC games or is that one of your invented facts? Seems odd if he did that he's not in the squad now.

He played in all but one of their qualifying games apparently.  His omission from the finals squad is probably because he has only played five games since moving to Lazio in January.

So bombed out of Stuttgart and failed to impress at Lazio, hardly a ringing endorsement is it?

As I said at the start, he's decent but not for us at this time.

your right there, its almost like if robbie keane was german.

So you now accept that Keane and Redkapp fell out, that's a start at least. However, his time at Celtic was surely more of a success that Hitz at Lazio. Not that it has any bearing on anything but since when did that bother you.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
I hope he does very well at West Ham too. Not sure if he was the player we wanted at this moment in time though.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2010, 08:12:56 PM »
i'm not really that bothered about him chris, but i do find it a bit odd that a 28 year old  50 cap german international who played in all their wc games, has won more than most of our players and who's available on a free is deemed by you not good enough for us currently, and yet you spend all your time on here defending total bobbins like Heskey, Sidwell, Harewood, Davies etc.,who are (apparently). its almost as if you form opinions on players solely on who buys them........ :0)[/quote]

OMG........I agree 100% with something Gregnash said....I need a drink. #-o

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »
Quote from: "Summers"
The new manager was the reason Hitz was forced out of Stuttgart.. before that he was club captain. Sometimes managers just don't fancy a player.

Like DOL, who ignored Hitz until ge signed a pre-contract agreement with Stutgart.

Offline Summers

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2010, 10:16:03 PM »
Quote from: "Mac"
Quote from: "Summers"
The new manager was the reason Hitz was forced out of Stuttgart.. before that he was club captain. Sometimes managers just don't fancy a player.

Like DOL, who ignored Hitz until ge signed a pre-contract agreement with Stutgart.

Exactly, and at the time, I'm sure most of us wanted Hitz to stay, I know I did.

We've improved, he's improved. Deffo someone we shoulda been looking at.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »
Quote from: "gregnash"
Quote from: "hilts_coolerking"

Are you sure he played in all of their WC games or is that one of your invented facts? Seems odd if he did that he's not in the squad now.

He played in all but one of their qualifying games apparently.  His omission from the finals squad is probably because he has only played five games since moving to Lazio in January.

So bombed out of Stuttgart and failed to impress at Lazio, hardly a ringing endorsement is it?

As I said at the start, he's decent but not for us at this time.

your right there, its almost like if robbie keane was german.

So you now accept that Keane and Redkapp fell out, that's a start at least. However, his time at Celtic was surely more of a success that Hitz at Lazio. Not that it has any bearing on anything but since when did that bother you.

i don't accept anything. by bombed out i took it to mean "let go," so yes he was let go by stuggart just like keane was let go by liverpool and will shortly be "let go" by spurs. and lets face it lazio is several steps or even a loft ladder up from celtic. I just think pedigree wise (bundesliga titles etc) Hitz is far far ahead of keane who has always failed to make the grade at even top 4 sides, but somehow you think he's the better bet?

Offline sendô WHU

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »
I'm fairly happy with this signing. Haven't seen a lot of the fella, but I remember him being decent enough for you lot way back when, and he's had more than a few German caps since then. For the money involved, and considering how shit we were last season, he represents a good signing for us, and he might well strike up a healthy competition with Diamanti over who can spank one in from the furthest out.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »
Agent Hammer. Come in Agent Hammer.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2010, 09:36:15 AM »
Quote from: "sendô WHU"
I'm fairly happy with this signing. Haven't seen a lot of the fella, but I remember him being decent enough for you lot way back when, and he's had more than a few German caps since then. For the money involved, and considering how shit we were last season, he represents a good signing for us, and he might well strike up a healthy competition with Diamanti over who can spank one in from the furthest out.

I always rated him, Sendo, and was gutted when he left.  I always said he was an average footballer with a cracking shot, which was great for us at the time and made him a crowd favourite.  I've not seen too much of him since then, but the player that left us is not really going to add much to the side we are now.  I'd say he's solid enough for a decent mid-table side, but that's about it.  You're going to enjoy the goals, though!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:19 AM »

He's remembered quite fondly amongst most Villa fans, obviously for his ability to blast one in from miles out.  Apart from that, I didn't think there was an awful lot to his game, and he went missing an awful lot of the time.  I haven't seen enough of him since to see how he's progressed, but he was a nice lad, and it's a shame that he's ended up at a horrible club like West Ham (no offence).

Offline sendô WHU

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"
it's a shame that he's ended up at a horrible club like West Ham (no offence).

We're one of the nicest clubs around Risso, look at how often we play the gracious hosts and let our guest leave with all the points.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"
it's a shame that he's ended up at a horrible club like West Ham (no offence).

We're one of the nicest clubs around Risso, look at how often we play the gracious hosts and let our guest leave with all the points.

I don't remember much of that graciousness when we played you last season.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2010, 10:14:18 AM »
Quote from: "TelfordVilla"
i'm not really that bothered about him chris, but i do find it a bit odd that a 28 year old  50 cap german international who played in all their wc games, has won more than most of our players and who's available on a free is deemed by you not good enough for us currently, and yet you spend all your time on here defending total bobbins like Heskey, Sidwell, Harewood, Davies etc.,who are (apparently). its almost as if you form opinions on players solely on who buys them........ :0)

OMG........I agree 100% with something Gregnash said....I need a drink. #-o[/quote]

spot on post

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »
Fingers crossed for another screamer against the Blues. I wish he hadn't gone there I hate West Fucking ham

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Hopefully Gollivan will stand in his way when he's doing target practice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal