collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: Benitez sacked (Confirmed p.6)  (Read 93023 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

0% Villa: Benitez sacked (Confirmed p.6)
« Reply #465 on: June 16, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Fletcher"
Quote from: "barrysleftfoot"
Call me a cynic if you like, but i get the impression that Benitez contribution was more to pacify the Liverpool fans, and have a dig at the owners, whereas Giggs, and Quinns', regardless of how it was received, was more of a socially aware contribution.

Not so.
Rafa expressley asked them to keep schtum about the donation, but the Justice people were determined that everybody should know about his gesture.

He's gone way up in my estimation.

I don't think that's true. He had his photo taken with the entire committee whilst handing over the money. If he wanted it kept schtum he would have asked his solicitor to send a cheque. I find it a little ironic that after handing over the money, he is left with 96% of his severence pay from Liverpool.

There's nothing wrong with his gesture but I don't buy the saintly angle.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #466 on: June 16, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
Quote from: "Villadawg"
Quote from: "Mark Fletcher"
Quote from: "barrysleftfoot"
Call me a cynic if you like, but i get the impression that Benitez contribution was more to pacify the Liverpool fans, and have a dig at the owners, whereas Giggs, and Quinns', regardless of how it was received, was more of a socially aware contribution.

Not so.
Rafa expressley asked them to keep schtum about the donation, but the Justice people were determined that everybody should know about his gesture.

He's gone way up in my estimation.

I don't think that's true. He had his photo taken with the entire committee whilst handing over the money. If he wanted it kept schtum he would have asked his solicitor to send a cheque. I find it a little ironic that after handing over the money, he is left with 96% of his severence pay from Liverpool.

There's nothing wrong with his gesture but I don't buy the saintly angle.

Put yourself in the shoes of the Justice committee, it's a great opportunity to raise further national awareness of what they're trying to achieve. If it's true that Benitez wanted it kept quiet, I could imagine the committee explaining to him the advantages of making the donation public. A bit like ourselves giving Acorns the shirt sponsorship, rather than just a cash donation.

Offline duncan

« Reply #467 on: June 25, 2010, 11:46:16 AM »
Cynicism aside, he does seem to have a genuine affection for the area and the people.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/10409916.stm

Nice gesture and well done him, I say.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #468 on: June 25, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
looks like woy hodgson is off there then.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #469 on: June 25, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »
I think Woy will do gweat job there.  Unfortunately.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »
Anyone else read in the Mirror that Liverpool had interviewed a number of candidates including MON before deciding on Woy?
Apols if posted elsewhere.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
I think for Woy to do this when his stock is high is a big mistake. I think with the situation at the club it means that the job is a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2010, 05:04:53 PM »
Its a chance to manage (love or hate the fact) one of the biggest names in football history.  Shame its only in history that its a good club!  And for the record and for the last fcuking time, they didnt "win the cup five times in Istanbul", only for the fifth time. Honestly....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal