collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Help required  (Read 17050 times)

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Help required
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »
Done.
I fear that football crowds will be some of the last people in society to abandon their homophobia, but even here I think attitudes are changing, slowly.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
Help required
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 10:06:12 PM »
Quote from: "frank"
Done.
I fear that football crowds will be some of the last people in society to abandon their homophobia, but even here I think attitudes are changing, slowly.

I agree about the football crowds and hope you're right in that attitudes are changing. If attitudes worsened, it would be a very sad day indeed.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Help required
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
Dunne

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Help required
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »
The fact that we've had three pages of (mostly) intelligent debate shows how attitudes are changing.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
Re: Help required
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
Myself and a colleague...

Dave: I'll do the survey because I think it's a subject worth discussing, but could you do me a favour and forward the following to whoever sent it you: LINK .

It's a nice little website I found that offers a simple explanation as to how and when to use reflexive pronouns (i.e. myself and yourself) and that they're not simply interchangeable with I / me and you for occasions when you want to sound intelligent. And really don't. Thanks!

Offline villa1

Help required
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
The fact that we've had three pages of (mostly) intelligent debate shows how attitudes are changing.

Just out of interest, which parts of the discussion wouldn't you class as intelligent debate?

Edit: Or did I read it wrong and you meant that most of the posts are intelligent debate and some are simple posts for example, people just saying they'd completed it? Not necessarily that any of the posts were not intelligent?

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Help required
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »
The members of this site have always been excellent at stomping on prejudice, to their great credit, with perhaps the one exception of that shown towards other football fans.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Help required
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 01:43:39 AM »
Quote from: "Nick Lees"
The members of this site have always been excellent at stomping on prejudice, to their great credit, with perhaps the one exception of that shown towards other football fans.

There's a very interesting debate to be had on that subject, although this isn't the thread for it.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Help required
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 02:09:11 AM »
I'm not sure that any perceived reaction from the crowd is reason enough for footballers not to come out.

The decision probably has far more to do with the reaction amongst team mates and management, particularly the old school types.

Look at the dog's abuse Beckham has received over the years, about his wife, his sexuality and everything else. Yet it hasn't affected his contribution on the field.

Footballer's like positive acclaim, but truth be told, I don't think they give a shite about what supporters sing. If it's positive then great, if negative it's generally just a shrug of the shoulders and a "I'm above all this" type pout.

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
Help required
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
Done. Will be interested to hear the results - will you ensure they're posted up on here, Dave?

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
Help required
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »
Quote from: "Lizz"
Quote from: "frank"
Done.

I agree about the football crowds and hope you're right in that attitudes are changing. If attitudes worsened, it would be a very sad day indeed.

Agreed.

Offline Mazrim

Help required
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »
I used to play for Silhill and there was a gay gentleman in the team. Everybody knew, nobody really cared or said owt aside from some gentle fun (bothways).
Then again there weren't thousands of fans coming to see us every week. Shouting things.

To me this is just another stage in cultural evolution. In time it will be no more remarked upon than women voting. A sportsmans sexual preference will be no more important than what car he drives.

I think we're nearly there on this issue and the idiots will just have to catch up.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
Help required
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
Done

Interesting survey and perhaps a sign that attitudes may be changing given that surveys like this are taking place among genuine football fans.  Would be interesting to see results broken down to football clubs - e.g would Millwall or SHA views differ significantly to more sophisticated clubs like us!

I certainly think things have moved on since Robbie Fowler's taunting of Graeme le Saux (about 10 years ago?)

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
Help required
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »
Quote from: "CJ"
Done

Interesting survey and perhaps a sign that attitudes may be changing given that surveys like this are taking place among genuine football fans.  Would be interesting to see results broken down to football clubs - e.g would Millwall or SHA views differ significantly to more sophisticated clubs like us!

I certainly think things have moved on since Robbie Fowler's taunting of Graeme le Saux (about 10 years ago?)

Fowler = prime dickhead and all-round piece of shit.

Offline serbentoflight

• The Serpent Of Light
Help required
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »
Quote from: "German James"
Also filled it out

Filled IN, James! Your Engli...oh hang on..

Form filled in here too, good questions, would hope the feedback can be linked to from here when complete.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal