collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: Charlton ban coloured boots for their kids.  (Read 7489 times)

Offline Chris Harte

0% Villa: Charlton ban coloured boots for their kids.
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »
From the BBC.
It's partly because the old style black boots have better protection, apparently. While I wonder why they simply can't make coloured boots with protection too, I can't be alone in thinking that some of the boots look plain silly.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
I couldn't give a fuck. It's not like I've got to wear them.

Online TaxDodger

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
I love my sky blue tunits, everyone seems to wear them in the 4th tier of Welsh football. Anything good you do on a football pitch is automatically better if you're wearing shiney boots.

Offline Summers

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
I play in red/silver/black Nike T90 Shoots. The red is quite bright, but I like them. Not fussed on boots, people can wear what they want. Boots are, somehow, designed to make the wearer better at specific things now. So, it's more than just shove a pair on these days. I do think, however, all boots should have improved protection.

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 04:25:40 PM »
They should be outlawed across the board.  It sort of seemed plausible when someone like Di Canio but the day that Martin Keown decided to start wearing red boots was the day that they should have been withdrawn from sale.

Offline VillaFan27940

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
to be  honest wiv you, it dont matter what colour the boots are. I played against a team before and they all had the same type of boots on but like green, blue, pink, purple, orange everything! but they played awsome, they beat us 1-0, so it dont matter wot colour your boots are, it dont affect your playin

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "VillaFan27940"
to be  honest wiv you, it dont matter what colour the boots are. I played against a team before and they all had the same type of boots on but like green, blue, pink, purple, orange everything! but they played awsome, they beat us 1-0, so it dont matter wot colour your boots are, it dont affect your playin

True. It can make you look like a pleb though.

Offline cdward

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »
Quote from: "VillaFan27940"

Wecome to H&V Gabby

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
For an old clogger like me they were "kick me" boots, anyone wearing coloured ones was likely to get kicked higher and harder than your usual black coloured boots, and any scamp who nutmugged me usually only did it once, if I could catch them.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »
I remember a fat bastard wearing white boots up front against us and us all laughing at him before kick-off.

Said fat bastard then scored a hat-trick against us for Varteks Varazdin....

Offline villa1

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
Only ever worn black boots.

I like to lump people who wear fancy boots (and i'm not good enough to wear them myself!!!)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
My mate was on the books at Derby and he gave me a pair of white total 90's (with his initials on the back). I bloody hate wearing them, I'm nowhere near good enough to pull them off!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »
I've always worn Adidas World Cups and Copa Mudials but invested in a pair of Nike Mecurial Vapour last season.

In brightest day-glo green.

They're the best boots I've ever worn, they're super light, don't soak up any water and are a piece of piss to clean.

I'm converted.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
You should only be allowed to wear non-black boots if you're a creative player... preferably foreign. Even then, the referee should be able to confiscate them if you do something unbelievably shit, like score an own goal, miss a sitter or turn up wearing a Blose kit.

That way only the most confident players would wear coloured boots. Imagine the shame of having to remove them in front of 40,000 mocking fans singing "you're not fit to wear the boots" while the referee shakes his head disapprovingly.

Hoof it merchants from Mansfield, Rushden and Diamonds or Blackburn should not be allowed to vary between lime green and lilac sports brogues depending on the floodlighting.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:34 AM »
im shit and i wear these...

dont see what the colour of someones boots matter...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal