collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2023/24  (Read 924851 times)

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: Other Games - 2023/24
« Reply #21405 on: April 24, 2024, 10:57:27 PM »
Fuck knows how anyone will follow the Liverpool success of Klopp.

Same number of European Cups as RDM.
Same number of PL titles as Ranieri.
Same number of FA Cups as Roberto Martínez.
Same number of League Cups as small heath.

And yet they’re still England’s most decorated club ahead of the other bunch of red twats from the NW.

Not in Klopp's tenure though? Think that's the point?!

We don’t care.

I don’t disagree but take it up with the person who brought it up

Er…Jane explained so I said we don’t care.

If I’d said we don’t care to the original post it would have made zero sense.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #21406 on: April 24, 2024, 11:06:02 PM »
That Liverpool squad has all the hallmarks of the Man Utd squad when Fergie retired..... Punching well above their weight for the average quality in the squad.

Salah and VVD are now in the twilight of their careers, and the replacements are nowhere near the level of those two. I can see them dropping right off next season - Hopefully the same way as Man Utd did.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21407 on: April 24, 2024, 11:09:40 PM »
That Liverpool squad has all the hallmarks of the Man Utd squad when Fergie retired..... Punching well above their weight for the average quality in the squad.

Salah and VVD are now in the twilight of their careers, and the replacements are nowhere near the level of those two. I can see them dropping right off next season - Hopefully the same way as Man Utd did.

With six trophies in ten years.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21408 on: April 24, 2024, 11:20:33 PM »

With six trophies in ten years.

4 isn't it? 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and the Europa League.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #21409 on: April 24, 2024, 11:49:07 PM »
Loved Everton winning against those shithouses and their two-faced, moaning twat of a manager.

Unsure who I hate more tbh - man u or liverpool.
Man City

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21410 on: April 24, 2024, 11:56:03 PM »
Doing it at Villa and doing it at Liverpool are very different things. Klopp has done pretty well there, but the reaction in some parts to his leaving is way OTT compared to what he actually achieved.

It’s as much because he finally led them to their first league title in decades that his record is amplified the way it is. They won CL’s without winning the league. And if that league win happened during Covid it would be talked about even more. He’s got a decent record given his spending there and the talent he’s had at his disposal. He just happened to be managing in the era of Man City and priori to that Chelsea.

You make it sound like he barely spent when he spent a record fee for a defender and some serious money on lots of other players. It is only Chelsea and Manure's wasteful spending that stopped him from being second in transfer fees since he came into the English game.

You’re agreeing with me. I’m saying given his overall outlay his record is decent. That is, it should be better. It’s worth though pointing out that net spend has been quite modest relative to many other clubs of similar size/status across Europe. That doesn’t ignore specific transfers have been quite big. They have sold players on for large fees too.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #21411 on: Today at 12:39:38 AM »
Is Klopp leaving at the end of the season? If only someone in the media had mentioned it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal