collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 5 seasons, nearly, in under RL  (Read 41330 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
5 seasons, nearly, in under RL
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Lerner has done everything asked of him and more.  He's provided transfer funds and the wages to match.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
Four years (almost) in and I'm struggling to think of any time that he's put a foot wrong.  He's given us a bit of pride back, it's easy to forget what a mess the club was under Doug.

Every club in the country (except for Chelsea and Man City, both exceptional cases) would love to have him in charge, including Liverpool and Man Utd.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
Quote from: "TimTheVillain"
His Father was a top businessman , he ( Randy) inherited his wealth.

He must mix in the right circles I agree, but we must not forget that he is no self made man, and in my opinion, there is a difference.

You're right, what Villa really needs is a self made owner like er Mike Ashley.

Quote from: "Risso"
Lerner has done everything asked of him and more.  He's provided transfer funds and the wages to match.

Agreed, but it's the other stuff he's done like the the Holte Hotel, restoring the mosaic and the Acorns deal that mark him out as such a class owner.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
Quote from: "Brazilian Villain"
Agreed, but it's the other stuff he's done like the the Holte Hotel, restoring the mosaic and the Acorns deal that mark him out as such a class owner.

I wonder if we'll get some more classy sarcasm about the Holte Hotel and the mozaic when people start getting impatient for signings this summer.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 09:51:38 AM »
We can have no complaints about Randy.

Just think if we had Hicks and Gillet? Luckily good old Doug saw right though them and told them where to go.

At least Liverpool had a good base to start with, we would have probably been relegated.

Offline cdward

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »
Quote from: "not3bad"

I wonder if we'll get some more classy sarcasm about the Holte Hotel and the mozaic when people start getting impatient for signings this summer.

More like when. That is a definite, there are some who just love to moan and whinge.

Randy has done everything right, he knows Villa are going to spend money and not everything he invests in will pay dividends, but he knew that when coming on board and he still knows it now. This is a football club, you cannot guarantee success, but you can build a firm foundation where success should follow.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »
Quote from: cdward
Quote from: "not3bad"

More like when. That is a definite, there are some who just love to moan and whinge.

You'll be hard pressed to find anybody on here 'Moaning and whinging' about Randy.
Or anywhere for that matter, I'd say 99% of supporters are fully behind him and appreciative of what he's done for us.

Offline PONGO49

Re: 5 seasons, nearly, in under RL
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i think you was on to something back then leeg!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal