collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:10:10 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Si
[Today at 07:09:29 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:05:47 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:03:59 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Beard82
[Today at 07:02:25 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Bad English
[Today at 07:01:52 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 07:00:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:55:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Twattum is at it again....shock.  (Read 32987 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Twattum is at it again....shock.
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 10:54:49 AM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
Quote from: "Summers"
Zigic will be a great signing. Foster is a good young keeper, but so is Guzan. So no loss there.

Is Guzan ?

So far McCleish's performance at Blues has been exceptional with next to no spend, really, he's achieved things there that had O'Neill done similar here, this site would be full of his praise.

Its far too early in the window, especially by O'Neill's standards to do too deep a comparison but so far McCleish and other managers have started the race well, while O'Neill amongst others doesn't appear to have settled into the blocks.

Yeah, I wish O'Neill had got us relegated in his first season.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
We'll have to wait and see with Zigic, We already have two strikers in their thirties so we don't need another, certainly not before we've shifted one out.

The only worrying thing about this is when MON was rumoured to be interested in Marlon it took Wigans bid to spark him into action. I really hope we are after better than Zigic.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
Its far too early in the window, especially by O'Neill's standards to do too deep a comparison but so far McCleish and other managers have started the race well, while O'Neill amongst others doesn't appear to have settled into the blocks.

Geting players like Zigic and Green is easier than the market we will (hopefully) be shopping in.  The players we are after will have multiple suitors and want to know their options rather than sign for the first club that offers them good wages and first team football.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
It's a good signing we cannot deny that.

I just wish there weren't so many gullible twats that rise to the bait of Tattum and the like.  He is a good signing who may or may not have been begged at the last minute to speak to us.  That is as far as it goes. You win some, you lose some, or you don't even speak to some.

What I would have been tempted to retort with (had I rose to the bait) is, expect a summons from the Spanish Civil Court sometime in the new year for non payment of transfer fees to Valencia.  I hope the hairdresser has enough sofa's he can tip out.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »
How can the signing of Zigic be percieved as a good signing?  

Is it because he has an eastern European name, plays up front and therefore he must be good?  What did he do last season that stood out in La Liga.  Did it stand out any more than what Camerone Jerome did such as that 25 yard goal at Anfield?

I'm curios to know as all I've really heard about this player is that his club have been trying to get rid of him for two seasons now.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »
Quote from: "Bren_d"

Is it because he has an eastern European name, plays up front and therefore he must be good?  What did he do last season that stood out in La Liga.  Did it stand out any more than what Camerone Jerome did such as that 25 yard goal at Anfield?

I'm curios to know as all I've really heard about this player is that his club have been trying to get rid of him for two seasons now.

Exactly what I was thinking. We don't know though he may prove to be a hit. Roque Santa Cruz never managed more than 5 in a season at Bayern so who knows?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
I see Tattum's doing his usual offical cheer leader role for Small Heath again. Nothing gets the Sty dwellers more excited than a player who turns down Villa to join that giant of a football club from Small Heath.
And apparently he turned Man City down as well. Ha!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
Quote from: "boboonthecorner"
Quote from: "Bren_d"

Exactly what I was thinking. We don't know though he may prove to be a hit. Roque Santa Cruz never managed more than 5 in a season at Bayern so who knows?

Slightly off topic, but Santa Cruz has basically had one good season in his whole career - we should steer well clear if Man City suggest him in part exchange for Jimmy!

Offline Ryu

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39:54 AM »
On the subject of foster being a decent signing, he may well be a good keeper but they are still weaker in that position than last season.  It's like if Brad left and we signed mark schwarzer.

Offline Summers

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 12:11:08 PM »
Precisely. They have Foster, but is he as good as Hart? I'd say not. If Foster was as good as Fergie says, surely he'd have played a lot more. He said that to keep his price up and confidence high.

As for Guzan, I think he can be great with some experience. He's a superb shot stopper, and just needs to play some more games.

Offline Namlod

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
But Hart was never theirs and they were damn lucky to get him on loan.

Foster is theirs and a good buy.

Offline levico

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
I have a feeling that Zigic will turn out to be an expensive joke (hopefully any way). When I will start to get concerned is if Blose sign N'Zogbia. He is a VG player - the sort we should be looking towards.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »
Didn't we gazump blose for Harewood so its not like we haven't got form. And Tattums only repeating what the agent's telling him

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
We've been linked with that Zigic for the last 3 years, If we genuinely wanted him we'd have got him.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »
heheheh. i'm gonna ask him on his live webchat

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal